Nahoya [-] "It's a Promise"

Requested by: Me fr. merry christmas 2023.

Characters: Nahoya & GN Reader

————————

Nahoya had always figured out ways to get himself into problems. He wanted to get free food and drinks at this Christmas event he saw online. So he decided he was gonna go and turn up.

Except he couldn't.

When the update on social media came out about the event, he read the bottom which said "Couples/Duo Night only! Stay tuned for solos!"

So he skimmed past the first part that said 'couples' and stuck with the duo part. The first person he asked was obviously his brother.

Their conversation went a little something like...

"Souya man please. Free drinks! Why would you pass that up?"

"For one, I'm busy tonight. Two, I wouldn't go even if I wasn't busy."

"Don't be lame," he retorted. "Just go with me. It's free admission and everything."

"I'm all set."

So after that failure, he tried asking Mucho.

"Yo, are you busy?"

"Sort of yeah, I'm about to go to work. Why, something up?"

"Since when do you work night shifts?!"

"Since I needed the money."

Nahoya groaned and didn't even bother with that one.

What's a man gotta do to get into a party for free? It was just for a night. It's basically Christmas time anyway! Why was everyone so busy with life and stuff? He couldn't fathom his friends actually having lives. Or at least interesting ones.

As he scrolled through his contacts, his eyes landed on the one with your name and a heart emoji next to it. At first it was just a star emoji, but over time he subtly changed it to the heart. He'd joked about it before saying he was going to put one there, and you told him that he was doing too much at the time.

Maybe he was.

But he decided to hover over the call button. Then making the executive decision to FaceTime instead. Sometimes you would decline them, and then he'd have to double, triple, possibly quadruple call you until you'd pick up. There's even been times where you would pick up the phone at work since he wouldn't shut up, and then just stuff him in your pocket.

Then he'll complain that he's suffocating through the phone.

When you picked up on the damn near final ring his face lit up. "Oh, you picked up the first time?"

You appeared to be in the middle of watching something on your TV, because he could hear the faint voices in the background. "I almost didn't. I'm tryna watch Black Lightning."

He whistled. "Didn't I recommend that to you?"

"So what if you did? Are you gatekeeping your recommendations?"

"Alright alright damn." He raised his arm in defense. "Besides watching TV, are you doing anything else important?"

You shook your head. "No, why?"

He grinned. "I'm giving you an offer, but I'm not telling you what it is. Just know it involves a bunch of free shit, music, and dancing. Are you in?"

"Hell no I'm not." You raised your eyebrow. "That sounds like a kidnapping scheme."

"I'm not tryna kidnap you. Tell you what, if you can get dressed in about an hour and go out with me tonight, I'll get a Christmas present for you. Anything you want."