the voice on the other side of the voice was getting demanding, he was getting nervous, "okay, you're gonna tell me who this is."

"you could have saved her, Gavin and you didn't." Kiara carried on, not giving any clues away, "and you're not getting away with this."

"listen to me! who is this?" the voice got louder, frustration travelling through his voice. Kiara ignored it though, buttoning the call.

she turned to Pope, Bambi and JJ who sat there silently, looking at her, "how was that?"

"i thought you were speaking to me for a second." Bambi made the girl feel better, "you are definitely the best tickler."

"all right. we tickled the wire. phase two complete." Pope smiled, his plan working exactly how he wanted it to, "now we wait."

it wasn't long until Gavin rushed out of the house and got into his car. he started up the engine, panic rushing through his body. it could have been anybody on the phone, he just didn't know it was four teenagers.

the pogues ducked down, out of window view so he didn't see them on the way past and think it was weird for them to be sitting in the car so late at night. thankfully, he drove past.

"he didn't see us." JJ sat up, turning his head to look at his car drive away out the back window, "hit it, let's drive."

Kiara started the car in a hurry but Pope decided to be safe first. he went to grab his seatbelt, trying to put it on but since he was pulling so fast, it wouldn't move, "wait, my seatbelt!"

JJ scoffed at the boy, wondering how the first thing he thought about was making sure his seatbelt was on, "are you seriously buckling up, right now?"

"yes, i'm buckling up right now!" Pope replied, finally pulling his seatbelt down and clicking it into the lock.

"you don't need it right now!" Kiara told the boy, finally driving behind Gavin, not too close for him to notice but not too far to lose him.

Bambi chuckled, deciding to copy him by putting her own seat belt on, "let's all be like Pope and put our seatbelts on, safety first."

Pope grabbed the earphones out of his pocket, placing them into his ears. the plan was that they got close enough for them to connect, if all went well they would be able to hear Gavin talking.

"i need to make sure nobody tickles me anytime soon." Bambi crossed her arms, "i have a lot of things that i say that could get me in trouble."

JJ looked at her, furrowing his eyebrows as he moved up and into the middle seat to sit beside her, "you don't even have a car."

"yeah but somebody might drop their phone into my bag." she imagined, "the world is crazy these days, everyone is getting killed on every corner."

"Bambs.." JJ sighed, taking his hat off and placing it in his lap as he ran a hand through his hair, "you never carry a bag."

Bambi took his hat and placed it on her own head, swatting his hand away when he went to grab it, "this is your punishment for not going with my words, i'm keeping your hat."

JJ went to open his mouth to reply but Pope placed his finger up, shushing them quickly, "wait, it's Ward, he's talking to Ward."

"are you serious?" Kiara gasped. the plan was falling into place exactly how they wanted it to, it was almost impossible for it to fail.

Pope bit his lip as he tried to listen to the conversation but when it started lagging, he looked at Kiara, "get closer, i can't hear."

Kiara drove the car a bit closer as Pope listened in more. the whole car was quiet, waiting for what Pope was about to say next.