My third life

Rimuru POV:
As I slowly start to regain consciousness I'm met with absolute darkness. Darkness isn't the right word to describe it as I can see my own body, the word nothingness describes where I am better. No light can be seen, nothing can be heard or felt. It feels as if I'm floating and sinking at the same time while also giving off the feeling of being on a hard surface.

'what happened? How did I get here?'

As I slowly start to recall what happened leading up to now tears start to form in my eyes. As they slowly start to roll down my cheek I can feel the amount start to pick up until I'm wailing like a child. Suddenly I feel a hand wrap around my head and pull me towards their chest. As I look up a pair of red eyes meets mine.

((A/N: they're in Rimurus conscious as he is in the process of reincarnation))

"Ciel?"

I ask in a hopeful yet desperate tone not wanting it to be a hallucination.

"Yes master it's me"

Ciel replies reassuring me she, and the warmth I feel, is real.

As I confirm that She isn't a figment of my imagination I bury my head into her chest and let all of my emotions out as she strokes my hair.

"What did I do? I killed everyone. There weren't even any survivors. Even my students weren't spared. The millions of innocents I massacred, all because I couldn't contain my emotions. I RIPPED FAMILIES APART AND KILLED CHILDREN! I'm a failure as a leader and a person. I really did turn into a monster."

I mumble the last part in a volume no better than a silent whisper with my head still buried in Ciel's chest while still sobbing.

"It wasn't your fault master. You couldn't have known Micheal had control over the angelic skills let alone resisted it. He was the root cause of it all, you didn't do anything wrong. All that matters is that you're ok master. I-I thought I'd lost you."

As Ciel whispers the last part tears start to trickle down her cheeks.

"I thought you'd turned into a mindless incarnation only lusting for destruction. I'm so glad you're ok."

As the words leave her mouth she hugs me tighter as she starts to silently sob as the relief that her I'm ok overwhelms her.

We stay like this for what seems to be hours or maybe even days since they're is no way to keep track of time where we are. As I start to dry my eyes I pull away from Ciel's chest as her arms move around my neck.

"Hey Ciel, where are we right now?"

I question her seeing as we're floating in nothing.

"We're currently in the process of being reincarnated. You were going to be reincarnated on some random planet so instead I decided to send you towards a world similar to the earth you came from so that you can live a peaceful life."

"OH! Does that mean I'll finally get my son back?!"

I question excitedly seeing as I won't be genderless anymore, happy to finally regain the most important thing I lost in my last reincarnation.

"...... I chose to reincarnate you in Japan since this world is almost identical to your first and thought it would be better than an unfamiliar country,"

Ciel tells me deflecting my previous question.

"Ciel...... I'll get my son back.....right?"

I try prodding her for an actual answer, but before she can reply I'm suddenly met with a blinding light.