ΓHIЯΓУ SIЖ

After their afternoon classes were over, everyone was packing up to leave when noise was heard outside the door. Uraraka opened it, and everyone's eyes widened. "Why the heck are you all here?!" Uraraka asked with a slight step back. It made sense, considering the doorway was practically being blocked by how many students were crowding around.

"Do you students have some sort of business with our class?" Tenya did his hand chops but slower. 

"Why are you blocking our doorway?" Mineta demanded, "I WON'T LET YOU HOLD US HOSTAGE!"

"They're scouting out the competition, idiots." Bakugo explained as he approached the door. "We're the class that survived a real villain attack, they wanna see us with their own eyes."

"Let's just hope he doesn't explode anybody..." Midoriya mumbled as Bakugo passed him. Rui, upon hearing that, just grimaced for the greenette. Seems like their childhood was eventful. 

"At least now you know what a future pro looks like." The explosive blonde said to the crowd of students blocking the doorway. "Now move it, extras." He barked. Rui sweat dropped at the term as Tenya started doing his hand chops again, telling Bakugo that it was inappropriate to call someone an extra just because he didn't know them. 

"So this is class 1A," A dude with purple hair observed, walking to the front. He had bags under his eyes, almost as bad as Aizawa's at first glance. "I heard you guys were impressive, but you just sound like an ass." He said, "Is everyone in the hero course delusional, or is it just you?" This statement had Bakugo growling as the others around him instantly shook their heads and hands in denial.

"How sad to come here to find a bunch of egomaniacs," The eyebag boy rubbed the back of his head boredly. "I wanted to be in the hero course, but like many others here I was forced to take a different path. Such is life," He said, and Rui frowned.

"I didn't cut it the first time around, but I have another chance," He continued. "If any of us do well in the sports festival, the teachers can decide to transfer us to the hero course. Then they'll have to transfer people out to make room." 

Everyone in the room froze at this, Rui especially. He had been thinking about how he wanted to handle the sports festival, since he couldn't yet control his quirk like he wanted to, plus if he understood things right, it was broadcasted all over, so obviously Kai would see it, and Rui wasn't sure if he was ready to have the 'your quirk' conversation with his guardian quite yet.

The person then continued speaking, making the brunette blink back out of his thoughts. "Scouting the competition... Maybe some of my peers are, but I'm here to let you know that if you don't bring your very best, I'll steal your spot right from under you." The purple haired male declared. "Consider this a declaration of war." The purple-haired male finished. Him and Bakugo had a slight staring contest until someone interrupted.

"Hey you!" A grey haired guy with wicked eyelashes popped up out of the crowd. "I'm from class 1B next door to you! We heard you fought some villains and I came to see if that was true!" He exclaimed every sentence, making Rui grimace slightly at the volume. "But you're just a bunch of brats who think you're better than us! Talk all you want, it'll just be more embarrassing when you're KO'ed!" The lunatic from class 1B yelled as Bakugo started walking away. "DON'T YOU IGNORE ME!"

"Dude where are you going?" Kirishima demanded, "You gotta say something! It's your fault they're all hating on us, Bakugo," He pointed out. The blonde turned slightly so he was looking at the redhead. 

"These people don't matter." He said bluntly, which caused those around him to still. "The only thing that's important is that I beat them." Bakugo finished, and then walked away. 

"Hey, I'm coming for you!" the 1B guy yelled. 

"Man, I hate that that was such a manly exit!" Kirishima grieved as he clenched his fists. After that, the people from class 1-A made their way one by one out of the crowd, and soon the crowd had dispersed as well. As Rui was walking to the train station, he thought about what the purple haired student had said. 

It might have been an answer he hadn't known he needed. If he really thought about it, getting transferred out of the hero course would solve at least two problems for him: the 'your quirk' conversation wouldn't need to happen, and Kai wouldn't be as on edge with him no longer trying to be a hero, or a 'diseased' as the young yakuza head would call them. 

So, Rui made up his mind to throw the festival. Hopefully his transfer out of the hero course would be done quickly so he wouldn't have to worry over it for very long. The thought of not having to worry about using his quirk, except for how he usually used it for quick naps, made it feel like a shitload of stress was lifted off of him. 

So, for the rest of his journey back to the compound, Rui held his head high as he hummed a random tune, completely relaxed and at peace with the world. The train ride went by, and then Rui made his way to the yakuza compound and to his personal bathroom. 

As he began to strip to get ready for a shower, the brunette suddenly realized how much water he was using by showering every day he had school. Maybe if he tranferred out of the hero course, he could get Kai to let him chill out with the showers. Ha, yeah, if I bring it up, he'll probably just demand to wash me himself, which is definitely not happening more than it has to, Rui thought to himself with a huff as he stepped into the shower, now resigned to his fate. 

Not resigned enough, though.

[Like this story? Consider tipping me on Ko-Fi! You might get a surprise~ Link is on my profile. Thank you for reading my story!]