Chapter - 3 - VINCENT

Start from the beginning

Stop it, Vincent, a voice in my head snapped. I had no business thinking about an intruder all the bloody time when there's a royal gathering going on.
If my father notices that my mind is wandering elsewhere, he'll give me an earful and blabber about how disrespectful it is.

To make the situation worse, the little intruder comes up and hides behind the pillar, a tiny smile curves my lips but I smoothen it out before anyone notices.

Then, I look at father who is looking at me with an eyebrow cocked on his forehead.

Definitely getting scolded.

Raven holds father's hand, kisses it and curtsies, all while looking charming as ever.
Nyx on the other hand jumps in father's arms and hugs him tight. She was always the favorite, every youngest is.

Dad beams at his three precious daughters and then walks over at me, his smile dropping. I give no expression and just stand there. Father claps my shoulder and nods at me, I nod back.

"Prince Vincent can do everything but greet someone normally", my mother cuts in. She kisses father's cheek and smiles at him.
They love each other way to much that mother literally mourned over how much she missed father. And I went insane trying to comfort her. Which gives me another great reason to deny marriage.

"Zephyr, dear. How are you? I missed you", father asked in a softer than cotton voice. He's only soft with mother, Raven and Nyx. Ophelia and I get treated a bit different, which is probably why I'm closer to her than any of my sisters.

"I wasn't fine, until you came, I missed you too"

Acantha wished she had a life like my mother's, being loved and respected. Treated equally by her husband - the leader. The biggest difference between my mother and Acantha is that she is known as the Alpha's wife while mother is known as the queen of Grimm.

"I tried to convince Vincent to get married so I could surprise you with the news but he just won't listen", mother said.

"I don't want anyone to cry over how much they missed me while I'm away", I said, reminding her of how she cried over father.

"Zephyr, dear, did you cry because you missed me?", father asked and I'm bloody sure he fell in love with mother all over again. Crimson stained mother's pale, freckled cheeks.

"Well-"

"No sentimental conversations, please!", Ophelia cut in with the razor sharp words.

Another reason why Ophelia is my favorite sister. She saves me from conversations I have no business being in.

Mother sighed and father glanced at Luna.
Luna, how lovely does that sound from my tongue. I couldn't stop the thought coming from my mind.

What's wrong with me?

Father closed his eyes shut and a blue light appeared on his forehead. He must be having a psychic vision, courtsey of being a psychic vampire. He sees visions rarely, but when he does, it's very important.

But why did he see a vision after looking at Luna? Who is this little intruder?

Father's eyes open wide and he looks at me, his already pale face even more pale as the light on his forehead vanishes.