Chapter 1 - 'Welcome to the Show'

Fire was literally everywhere. Glass was shattered all over the floor. Citizens were screaming and running around. It truly was a sight to see. And stood in the centre of all the chaos was the mind-bending teen villain, Optic. He could, like his name suggests, affect people's vision, alter what people see and play tricks on the mind (such as influencing thoughts and mind reading). Optic's outfit was rather basic for such a high-key villain; all he wore was a red hoodie (of which, the hood was always up, covering his blonde curls) black face mask, some black joggers and just some casual trainers.

But Optic wasn't the only powerful and well know person there, as there were 3 heroes running through the smog, attempting to rescue the members of the public that were currently trapped in this firey hell and find Optic.

"Corvus! You fly some of these guys out to safety, me and Blade will find Optic!" One of them called through the flames and smoke.

"Fine, but be careful you two." A winged hero replied, dashing off the go help the panicking civilians.

"I'll go left, you go right." The third said.

Sprinting through the left side of the disastrous scene was a tall (6'6") guy with long pink hair tied into a singular braid at the back. Resting on-top of his head was a golden crown with a green gem embedded in it's centre. He also had a horned boar skull disguising his face. A half unbuttoned, white dress shirt was tucked into some combat trousers. The combats were tucked in a pair of black platformed boots, and the hero's back was covered by a red cape with a white fur top and an emerald pin fastening it around him. This is the awesome hero, The Blade. Blade's powers are super strength and heightened senses, and he has natural wit and intellect.

And, running through the right hand side of this flaming nightmare, was a 6'4" man, wearing a black sleeveless top, tucked into grey jeans with black fingerless gloves. He had brunette curly hair and wore a diagonal black bandage over his left eye and nose, his right eye being hid by his hair. This was Phantom. He can phase through walls and floors and people, and can also bring people and objects with him whilst he's phasing. He can also turn invisible.

They were both directing people to our third hero, Corvus. Corvus had large, black crow wings and was flying people to safety. He had naturally good swordsman skills and had quite accurate intuition. He wore an all black jumpsuit under a long, green jacket which had a red stitched outline of a heart on the right breast. Concealing his identity was a green and white striped hat with a dark veil over his face.

"Optic!" Phantom yelled, spotting the villain responsible for all of this chaos.

"Aww! Heya Phantom buddy, how are you?" Optic cried back. He was just stood casually in the middle of all of this.

"Great, and I'll be greater when I finally arrest and stop you."

With that, Phantom turned invisible and made his way closer to Optic.

"Thats not a fair play! If I can't see you I can't fight back!" Optic complained, looking around.

Sneaking up behind him and still invisible, Phantom went to hit Optic and phased right through.

"Huh? But-" Phantom whispered to himself, looking down his arms as he made himself revisable. When he looked back up, Optic had gone. "Shit! These stupid mind games!-"

"I'm not making it too easy for ya, you really think I'm gonna just stand here like a little loser?" The villain laughed. His voice echoed around the blazing space, as if he was everywhere and nowhere at the same time. "Hey- ow! No fair!"

Just as Phantom heard Optic cry out, Blade was yelling to say he'd found Optic.

Phantom ran over, through the fire and smoke. Blade was fighting Optic, who was losing miserably and was already on the floor complaining about how unfair this 'stupid fight' was.

Ushering people to safety, Corvus called out, "I think that was the last of the citizens, can one of you make sure theres nobody else?!"

"Yeah! You do it Phantom, I'm kinda busy." Blade instructed, going back into fight with Optic, of whom was too busy complaining to actually think straight and use his powers to get out of there.

Rolling his eyes, Phantom darted back into the inferno. It was starting to get worse, the floor was caving in, debris was dropping and forming piles and the smoke was getting far too thick. Phantom threw his hand over his mouth, coughing as the thick smoke began to intrude into his lungs.

"HEY?! IS ANYONE HERE?!" Phantom spluttered, running wildly around the building, dodging flames and falling brick. Phantom noticed someone backing into a corner, fire licking at their clothes as they cried for help.

Sprinting through the fire, Phantom held his breath. He felt dizzy but hey, jobs a job, gotta rescue as many as possible. Or he'd be a failed hero. Being honest, Phantom was half expecting it to be an illusion formed by Optic. So when he reached out and felt a hand grab onto him, it came as a slight shock. It felt even worse when the hero happened to notice the trapped person wasn't just some random citizen, but a close friend of his, Niki.

"I'll help you, you'll be alright." Phantom whispered under his breath, lifting the girl over the dancing fire that'd almost led to her demise. He sprinted as the building started to collapse. All that was in sight was ruins of stone, brick and other charred material. Corvus, Blade and Optic were not in sight. From outside he could hear sirens and lots of noise. Smoke was flooding all vision and Phantom couldn't figure out where he was.

"Do you think we could survive a fall from a second story building?!" He yelled to the girl.

"I'd like to hope I don't die so if it's the only way, I guess you'll have to. You're the hero and I trust you." Niki spoke up, her voice raspy and hoarse unlike the familiar soft and high pitched voice Phantom was expecting. The smoke was starting to get to both of them.

Feeling like there was no other choice, Phantom ran as fast as he could towards a window and phased through it, bringing Niki with him.

"FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK-" Phantom screamed as he fell through the air. Just because he was a hero didn't mean he wasn't scared. Niki's terrified scream rang in his ears.

Meanwhile, Optic was sat on a far off building, watching the hero and the civilian he was saving plummet to the ground as the firefighters put out the fire that he, surprisingly, hadn't started. The building had already been ablaze when he'd got there, which had ruined his plans a bit.

Optic began to make his way home, disguising himself by forcing those around him's minds to see him as a regular person, casually walking the street. Cause at the end of the day, that's all he truly was under his powers and mask, a random teenage guy.