Chapter Thirteen

EXT. LOS ANGELES - PRESENT DAY

Back in the present day, Lightning McQueen continues narrating his journey in Los Angeles.

LIGHTNING MCQUEEN (NOW) (looking reflective) After I settled in Radiator Springs, Rusty and Dusty got to see Harv's true colors. He thought nothing of abandoned towns like Route 66 or the cutest little town in Carburetor County.

The trio stands near the iconic Hollywood and Vine intersection, reminiscing about the twists and turns in their journey.

LIGHTNING MCQUEEN (NOW) (continuing) Rusty and Dusty, being the kind souls they were, decided they wanted no part of it. They fired Harv, became my new agents, and the rest is history.

MATER (chuckling) Well, ain't that a turn of events?

SALLY (smiling) Seems like the road had more surprises for you than you expected.

LIGHTNING MCQUEEN (NOW) (nodding) Sure did. Life's funny that way.

The trio shares a moment of reflection in the city where Lightning's career took an unexpected turn. Los Angeles, with all its memories, stands witness to the evolution of a rookie into a racing legend.

EXT. LOS ANGELES - FLASHBACK

The flashback continues as Lightning McQueen takes his friends down memory lane, approaching the race track in town. They reminisce about Lightning's first big race in the season, sharing the track with the legendary Strip "the King" Weathers and the competitive Chick Hicks.

LIGHTNING MCQUEEN (NOW) (voiceover) A year or two after joining forces with Rust-Eze, my first big race of the season was a defining moment for me.

In the flashback, the race track comes into view, and Lightning narrates the pivotal moments of that race.

LIGHTNING MCQUEEN (NOW) (voiceover) The King, Strip Weathers, was right behind me, encouraging me to do my best.

The flashback unfolds, capturing the energy and excitement of Lightning's early racing days. The roaring engines, the cheering crowd, and the determination in Lightning's eyes all contribute to the intensity of the moment.

STRIP "THE KING" WEATHERS (voiceover) You got this, rookie! Show 'em what you're made of!

The encouraging words from Strip Weathers echo through the flashback, marking a significant point in Lightning McQueen's journey from a rookie to a seasoned racer. The flashback continues as Lightning McQueen narrates the events of that significant race day.

LIGHTNING MCQUEEN (NOW) (voiceover) It was a day that would shape my career. The cheers of the crowd, the thundering engines, and the guidance from Strip "the King" Weathers fueled my determination.

In the flashback, the race unfolds with Lightning at the forefront, navigating the twists and turns of the track. The intensity of the competition and the camaraderie among the racers create an atmosphere of excitement.

LIGHTNING MCQUEEN (NOW) (voiceover) I felt the pressure, but I also felt the thrill. The King's words echoing in my ears pushed me to give it everything I had.

As Lightning races through the flashback, the cheers from the crowd grow louder, and the competitive spirit among the racers intensifies.

STRIP "THE KING" WEATHERS (voiceover) You're not just a rookie anymore, Lightning. Show 'em what it means to race with the best.

The encouragement from Strip Weathers serves as a guiding force for Lightning McQueen. The flashback captures the determination and resilience that would become synonymous with his racing career. Now Lightning McQueen recounts the climax of that memorable race.

LIGHTNING MCQUEEN (NOW) (voiceover) As the race neared its conclusion, the stakes were high. The King was leading, Chick Hicks close behind, and I found myself in fourth place, battling to make my move.

In the flashback, the cars race around the track, each maneuvering for a strategic advantage. Lightning, determined to make his mark, approaches a competitor with a goofy-looking expression.

LIGHTNING MCQUEEN (NOW) (voiceover) I swerved around that car with a goofy grin, determined to claim that third spot.

The scene captures the intense competition on the track, the roaring engines, and the dynamic moves each racer employs to secure their position.

LIGHTNING MCQUEEN (NOW) (voiceover) And just like that, I slipped into third place, pushing myself to the limit.

As Lightning makes his move and secures the third spot, the crowd reacts with excitement. The atmosphere is charged with the energy of the race, and the flashback underscores Lightning's tenacity and skill on the track. The final moments of the flashback unfold, capturing the significance of Lightning McQueen's journey on that race day.

LIGHTNING MCQUEEN (NOW) (voiceover) As I secured my place in the top three, I felt the weight of my accomplishments. Strip looked down from his first-place spot and said, "You got a lotta stuff, kid. Don't forget that."

In the flashback, Strip "the King" Weathers offers words of wisdom and encouragement to the young rookie who has just proven himself on the track.

STRIP "THE KING" WEATHERS (voiceover) You got a lotta stuff, kid. Don't forget that.

The scene reflects the camaraderie and mutual respect among racers, showcasing the impact that Strip's support had on Lightning's journey.

LIGHTNING MCQUEEN (NOW) (voiceover) And I won't forget. That day marked my entry into the big leagues, just as I had dreamed.

The final flashback fades away, leaving Lightning, Mater, and Sally in the present, standing at the Los Angeles race track. Mater and Sally, moved by The King's support, reflect on the profound impact he had on Lightning's career.

MATER (smiling) That King sure knew how to mentor.

SALLY (nodding) It's clear he saw something special in Lightning.

The trio takes a moment to appreciate the memories and lessons from that pivotal race day.

Wow! That was a great chapter! I hoped you like them and the other chapters. Don't forget to leave a vote!