chapter 2 - a hair's breadth away

"Who are you?"

The unfamiliar man inquired with a gaze fixed on Jungwon, patiently waiting for his response. His tone exuded genuine curiosity, which Jungwon readily recognized.

Jungwon was simply observing the man in front of him. He was unsure about how to respond and anticipated stumbling over his words because the man before him was incredibly attractive. The intense gaze made Jungwon feel somewhat uneasy and self-conscious.

The man in front of him appeared puzzled as Jungwon continued to gaze at him. "So, are you not going to talk or what?" he said, with a slight trace of irritation in his voice.

The comment managed to bring Jungwon back to reality. He promptly shook his head and blinked rapidly. He was just about to say something when a female voice reached both of their ears.

"Jay~ Why did you leave me?"

Jungwon's eyes widened as he quickly looked away upon catching sight of a woman in her lingerie set, her disheveled hair indicating that she may be drunk. Additionally, she was audibly expressing herself with moans in her speech.

Jungwon quickly glanced at the man standing before him, whom he presumed to be named Jay, and voluntarily expressed his exasperation. "Leave. I told you our stupid relationship is already fucking over." He muttered under his breath as Jungwon composed himself.

"Oh, come on! I was only joking~" She whined as she approached Jay, partially unclothed.

Jungwon promptly seized the opportunity to respectfully bow to Jay, refraining from speaking and quickly departing the balcony without even glancing at the woman.

Jay removed the lollipop from his mouth and gently pressed the side of his cheek with his tongue, observing Jungwon as they gradually disappeared from view. He squinted his eyes slightly, sighed softly, and then placed the lollipop back into his mouth.

The woman in the lingerie approached Jay with a gentle stride, wearing a smile on her face. She accidentally stumbled and ended up resting upon Jay's chest, with her chest gently touching his. She had a mischievous smirk on her face.

"Come on, Jay. You know you still love me." She cooed as her hands slowly moved towards his black button down, carefully unbuttoning it one by one.

Jay glanced at the woman with an emotionless face before gently guiding her away from him. "We're over, Xia," he expressed, holding onto both of her wrists.

Xia's expression turned disappointed, and she gently shook her head. "No! I still need you in my life, Jay," she expressed, sounding somewhat desperate. She then proceeded to embrace Jay tightly, as he responded with a sarcastic chuckle, devoid of enthusiasm.

"You? Need me?" He expressed his astonishment before firmly moving the woman away from him, causing her to unintentionally fall to the floor in surprise. She turned her head towards Jay, who was regarding her with a strong hatred.

"Need me for fucking money while you fuck around with other men, that is." He responded, feeling disgusted and amused, before placing his other hand into his pants pocket.

He then bent down next to the woman and leaned in to speak with a low whisper. "Like a whore you are." With a smirk, he stood up and departed, leaving Xia on the floor, partially unclothed.

She made a sound of surprise as her disheveled hair was blocking her view of Jay. "Jay! You fucking shit!" She shouted as Jay vanished from her sight.

✮⋆˙

Jungwon was lost.

He could have gone straight to the hallway, but he chose to go to the bathroom instead. However, the issue arose when he realized he didn't know its location, ultimately leading to his current predicament.