Here we go again

The next morning I woke up in my bed alone Avani wasn't here? Maybe she had left early, or maybe she was never here. No way I was dreaming.

I got up and got dressed for school suddenly I got a text, rush into my phone expecting it to be Avani I read a new message from "devi?" I say squinting my eyes and tapping on the message

Devi: hey Paxton are you going to the dance with anyone?

Me: yea

Devi:oh ok just wondering because I don't have anyone to go with☹️

Seen at 7:40 am

After the short back and forth I put my phone in my pocket and heading out the door.

Avani POV>>

"Fab what time is mom coming to pick us up?" I ask as me Fab and Elinore walk to class "she said around lunch time" she says as they walk into the class room and taking their seats.

"Ok class today we are starting a new assignment, this is a two page essay and presentation. Your presentation must be at least two minutes long, you will have until next week Tuesday to have this done. I will be picking the groups so there will be no fun and slacking"

"Paxton your late. Time to announce the groups. Fabiola, Elinore, and gabe. Devi, Paxton, and Avani. Anesa, trent, and ben and whoever is left together, class dismissed.

"Hey Paxton " devi says as she leans on Paxton in the hallway "so when are we supposed to meet to get this done?" I ask ignoring the girls antics "we can meet up at my house tomorrow" Paxton says pushing devi away for the second time "ok I'm leaving early so I'll call you tonight if that's ok?" I say "yea that's fine" he says hugging me before I walk away to catch up with fabiola.

Paxton POV:

After Avani left I was stuck with devi all day she kept following me around wondering why I haven't texted her back and repeatedly asking me who I was going to the dance with, "look devi I think your cool and all but I'm dating avani" I say after getting fed up as devi had now followed me to my car "what?"  Devi said seeming to not believe me "I'm sorry but Ben seems to like you a lot " I say looking over at the boy who was not even paying attention to the girl "but we kissed" devi says "I kiss a lot of people and you don't see them follow me around do you?" I ask not realizing how rude it sounded but at this point I could care less "whatever" she says walking away.

Once I got home I was exhausted, so I took a hot shower put on some shorts and layers down waiting for avanis call.
I must've dozed off as when I woke up it was now 6:00pm and I had three missed calls from Avani from hours ago "shit" I say while going to call her back, no answer, I didn't try and call more than once because I wasn't supposed to be stressing myself out before a competition so I just left it alone and went back to sleep.

Avani:

I sigh as the sound of paxtons voicemail ring through my ears for the third time before I finally set my phone down and turn over getting ready for bed.

The next morning I leave for school not even thinking to text Paxton anything before like I usually do "what's wrong with you" fab asks me "nothing " I say pulling into the school parking lot. Walking into the school I immediately notice a large group of girls in the cafeteria surrounded Paxton and devi, "that's probably why he didn't answer" I say to myself rolling my eyes and walking to class.

PAXTON

Once I got to school I walked in and was pulled to the cafeteria by devi and pushed into a seat before being surrounded by a bunch of girls "what's this?" I ask looking around the room " all of the girls you've had sex with or kissed or even promised a date to" devi says causing me to let out a loud sigh "today you will be apologizing to them all" she says

Here we go again.

After all of the apologies me and a certain ex caught up I honestly don't know why I ghosted her me and her have a lot in common and before you knew it we were setting up a paintball gun fight later that day.

After the long talk with everyone I headed to my class and took my usual seat next to Avani "hey" I say she didn't respond she was on her phone looking annoyed, "are you mad at me?" I ask "stop talking to me Paxton " she says getting up and leaving just before the bell rang "Avani why are you mad at me?" I shout ignoring all the people turning to look at me "Paxton I'm not mad go talk to devi or something " she says walking into the girls bathroom before I can even say anything else.

HERE WE GO AGAIN.