Chapter 7

(Me: *fixes tie* I will be releasing each chapter every half hour cuz why not)

Princess woke up in darkness. At first, she thought she was dead, but then realized that cats were brushing her on all sides. Fear-scent was still in the air. Swiftmoon appeared with a dark-brown she-cat at her side. "This is Echoclaw. She is my best friend." Princess nodded curtly at her, when another she-cat appeared. "Hey, I'm Dewdrop," she began, "I just want to thank you for saving my only child, Swallowkit. Because of that, I'll always be in your debt." Princess looked at her.

I can't believe it! I saved a mother's only kit!

She went out from wherever she was, and noticed all the cats were still frightened. Then, a lonesome howl rang in the air. Then, a few more joined.

Why do the howls sound like they're getting closer...

Then a yowl went into the air. "Foxpelt, he's gone!" Dewdrop ran to the one who yelled it. "No Owlshine! He can't be gone! Someone, find him! Please!!" Owlshine ran around to different cats, asking them to be on a patrol to find Foxpelt. Princess walked up to the brown tom, and asked, "Can I be part of the patrol too? I don't know what Foxpelt smells like, but I certainly know the scent of WillowClan." Owlshine focused his green eyes on her for a moment, then replied. "Fine. But you all must be back by moon-high." As Princess and the rest of her group walked towards the trees, Smudge ran up and called, "Wait! I'm coming too!" Princess was surprised by his bravery, but nevertheless she waited for him. As they went deeper into the forest, Princess heard the sound of rushing water. Then, a cat yowled, "I caught his scent!" Princess ran over to a white she-cat. She was pacing back and forth over a spot. "I don't know where Foxpelt went after this!" She caught his scent too, and ran around the area, putting her nose high into the air to catch a whiff of Foxpelt.

Why am I feeling so drawn to the river?...

She suddenly found herself next to the gurgling river. She stared into the dark abyss of water, and saw a quick glance of something smooth and red.

Foxpelt?!

"Does Foxpelt have red fur?!" she shouted. From in the forest she heard a reply. "Yeah, why?" Princess felt like a huge rock had fallen on her and crushed her to the breaking point. She prepared herself for the icy shock, and jumped in the river, searching for the red pelt. Then, she found it, close to the bottom. She dragged him back onto the bank of the river, and placed her head to his chest.

No heartbeat... he's gone.

Feeling choked, she yowled, "I found him! But, he's..." Her voice had died. All the other cats came running. They all checked the body with shocked, wide eyes, and a tom said, "Blossomdawn... he's dead. He hunts with MoonClan now. Come on, we need to take him back to camp to hold vigil." Princess walked back through the trees in shock.

I've not even been here for a moon, and a cat has died.

A scene appeared in her mind. Being called a 'stupid' kittypet. Fighting another cat. Being named Firepaw. Another young cat saying, 'Redtail's dead!'

It was her brother's memories, again! As she walked back to camp, she heard Dewdrop's cry of anguish. As she came into view, Princess saw that she had her nose buried in Foxpelt's fur

He must've been Dewdrop's mate. At least I saved her kit. Oh, could I have prevented this?!

Then, once again, she heard a chorus of howls fill the sky. The stars in the sky seemed cold and far away.

Oh, MoonClan, I don't know you guys that well, but could you keep us all safe...