THREE.

⚔️🏆🏛️

NICASIA sat in the cafeteria, waiting for annabeth. the two still needed to catch up on what had happened the night the minotaur was killed.

"hey" nicasia's head shot up at the sound of her friend's voice. "beth! we were supposed to meet here ten minutes ago. you were the one that decided that this weeks meeting was urgent."she watched as the blonde sat down across from her. "sorry nicki. malcolm would not leave me alone. anyways, tell me what happened!"

the two of them had been having "meetings" since they got bunked together a few summers before. nicasia got her hat as a gift from her mother when she was ten and annabeth got hers when she was seven. once the two of them realized they both had been gifted hats, they started a club. so, they created the magic hat club. there were only two members in their club and they had meetings once a week. these meetings coincidentally always happened to be on the day it was the athena cabin's turn to work in the strawberry fields.

nicasia told her everything that happened with percy and the manticore. annabeth told her that he was okay and he drooled a lot. "don't forget that we're allied with the hermes and apollo cabins. you can't trip the stolls for no reason again."

"it wasn't for no reason! they dyed donni's hair pink when he was sleeping."

"it suited him though."

"of course it suited him! he's donni! it was the principle of it all or whatever."

nicasia patiently waited on her bed. she lay down in her bed, under the covers, pretending to sleep. she raised her arm towards her face, her watch coming into view.

she looked down at her old, slightly worn watch, reading the roman numerals. 11:30. she quietly sighed. she had to wait another 30 minutes before she could go to the hill to meet with her best friends.

curfew for all campers was ten o'clock, so she had to wait until midnight before she even started to make her way to the hill. ten-thirty was when chiron finished doing rounds to make sure everyone was in their cabins and eleven o'clock was when mr. d went inside for the night. so donni, clarisse, and her had decided that midnight was the perfect time to leave.

nicasia looked down at her watch again. 12:00. she sprung out of her bed and slipped on her green converse. she reached under her bed and grabbed a green basket. she quietly slipped out of the athena cabin and made her way towards the hill.

the basket had a picnic blanket, needles, bottles of ink, rubbing alchocol, a lighter, plastic wrap and cotton rounds. the contents of the basket would change every so often but this was the most liked one.

once she got to the top hill, she saw that clarisse was already there. "hey clare" she greeted as she set down her basket and started to lay out the picnic blanket in front of the tree. clarisse set her basket down and began to help nicasia lay out the blanket. "hey nicki" she replied.

"how late do you think he's gonna be this time? i'm betting that he's gonna be here within the next 3 minutes." nicasia asked her with a grin as they continued to lay out the blanket. "more like 10" clarisse said with a laugh.

"hey girls" the two girls' heads shot up at the familiar voice of donni, watching as he walked up to them. they had finished setting up the blanket and were about to unpack everything else when he finally decided to show. donni turned his back towards them while he set down his pink picnic basket. "you're late." clarisse said, faking an eye roll.

"better late than ugly"

the two girls mouthed his words as he said them. donni turned around and caught them mouthing his words half way through his sentence. "okay, rude" the son of aphrodite said. the three of them broke into a fit of laughter. "donni, your mom is aphrodite. you're never ever ugly. saying you're ugly is like saying the big sky man is a virgin." nicasia said as she giggled.