ONE.

🏛️🏆⚔️

NOW

NICASIA WHITLOCK was annoyed. she had just been finishing her nightly walk around camp and just as she was about to finish her last lap, she heard a roar, from what she knew was a monster, come from the forest. she really did not want to deal with this right now. she had just gotten back from new york a few days earlier and really wouldn't mind a rest day. she quickly made her way to where the sound had came from and ended up at the entrance to camp.

being the daughter of the goddess of victory, speed, and strength came in handy right now. had she not been a child of ...nike, she probably wouldn't have made it there on time. she wasn't the fastest out of her siblings, but she was faster than most demigods. she was also faster because of the amount of training she had done, but she also was faster because of her mother.

once she arrived at where she believed the sound came from, she looked past thalia's pine tree to see what was happening. she spotted a boy that looked to be about her age, facing off with a minotaur. he didn't seem to have any sort of weapon either. that poor idiot!

nicasia's hand quickly found the war medal in her back pocket and tossed it into the air before catching it. in an instant, a gold tipped spear appeared in her hand. her spear had an adamantine grip and a gold spear head with a blue energy bar at the top. the blue light from the energy bar shone on her face as she ran.

as soon as she exited the magical boundary of camp, the minotaur immediately paused its movements and looked over to her. it had picked up her scent as soon as she passed thalia's tree. it was almost like it was deciding whether he should go after her because she was more god than the boy or if it should go after him because he was more powerful.

she could feel his power too. it was like a slight buzzing in her ear, not enough to annoy her, but enough to notice. she knew, whoever this kid is, he is crazy powerful. she had been around children of powerful gods and mostly minor gods, but this was different. this was an older type of powerful.

the boy fighting the minotaur turned around to say something to grover, who had been laying on the ground, off to the side the whole time. he decided to do this at the worst time because the minotaur charged at him while he was facing the complete opposite direction. once again, idiot!just before the minotaur could make contact with him, nicasia tackled him to the ground.

the boy looked up, confused as to what had just happened. his confusion faded as he watched a girl around his age using a spear to battle the minotaur with ease. he rose from the ground, watching as the mystery girl slashed at the minotaur's legs.

nicasia was so busy fighting the minotaur that she didn't notice the boy had somehow jumped onto the minotaur's head. she dodged out of the way as the minotaur tried, and failed to strike her down. a loud SNAP! grabbed her attention. she looked up to see the boy with the raincoat had broken one of the minotaur's horns off.

nicasia watched as the boy got thrown off of the minotaur and into thalia's tree face-first. that's gotta hurt! she then charged forward with her spear and jabbed it right up through the minotaur's arm. the monster screeched in agony.

nicasia retracted her spear from the minotaur's arm before dashing off. she looked over to the boy (while the minotaur was recovering from the stab in the arm because she is actually smart!) and saw him slowly standing up from the ground. she turned her attention back towards the minotaur, who was now glaring at her. she waved the head of her spear in front of the minotaur's face, hoping the blue light emitting from it would grab its attention and ran over to the nearest tree.

she stood in front of the tree, waving her spear in the air, hoping the minotaur would take the bait. luckily, her plan had worked and the minotaur charged towards her. right before the minotaur could crush her, she dropped down to the ground and used her hands to push herself away from the tree. now that she was directly under the minotaur, all that she had to do was stab straight up through the minotaur's middle.

she sent her spear straight through the minotaur's stomach at the exact same time the boy with the red raincoat drove the minotaur's horn into the monster's chest. nicasia stood up from the ground. the two of them stood there for a second, breathing heavy. nicasia grinned as her eyes glowed for a second before stopping. she continued to smile as they watched the minotaur disappear into a cloud of dust with a pain filled groan. now, she was feeling more giddy than annoyed. she was annoyed that percy jackson had showed up at camp and she had to save him, but she was also satisfied with the fact that she just got a free victory.

she turned her attention back towards the boy only to see him swaying on his feet. just then, she had realized exactly who the boy was. percy jackson. she reached over and steadied him(despite the fact that she really didn't want to). "are you alright?" she asked him. he was too tired to speak, so he just nodded. he started to go in and out of consciousness and then passed out on her shoulder.

"GROVER COME ON! YOU'RE FRIEND JUST PASSED OUT ON ME!" she yelled to the satyr, who was still laying on the ground.

grover made his way over to his two friends. nicasia handed the sleeping boy over to grover as they made their way to the infirmary.

after dropping grover and the sleeping boy off at the infirmary, nicasia headed toward the athena cabin, hoping no one was awake. of course, she was wrong. annabeth stood by the door to the cabin. annabeth gave nicasia a look that said tell me later and nicasia responded to her with a look that said i will. the two girls headed off to their shared bunk bed and tried her best to get some sleep.

captain speaks!

another short filler chapter. i'm still kind of developing nicasia's backstory and character so i'm sorry for another short chapter.

thoughts on the pjo series?

thoughts? questions? something you just wanna say?