Steven's dream

Fourteen years later...

Steven slowly open his eyes to find himself in lush grassy field,facing a three pink hibiscus flowers swaying in the breeze.

"Steven? Steven? Steven." Greg faintly calls him out.

Steven then wakes up inside Greg's van,with tears flowing from his eyes. He touches his face and is shocked that he's crying. It was strange,the dream he had wasn't even sad. He looks around the van and on still going TV about aliens kidnapping cows.

"You okay bud? You fell asleep during the movie. I was gonna let you sleep,you looked so cute. But, then you started crying,and that was less cute."

Steven sits up and wipes away the tears from his face.

"Haha. No,I'm fine. I dunno why I was crying. My dream wasn't really sad." Steven says before he yawns.

"Oh gee,look at the time." Greg checks his watch. "And my classy new watch. Let's get you home bud."

Eeh, you didn't miss much. Turns out they were abducting cows cause they needed milk for their cerial planet." Greg told him as he went up the stairs,but he stops midway.

"Dad,before you go. Can I ask you something?" Steven ask as he turns back to Greg. 

"Yeah,of course."

"Did mom ever talk to you about....Pink Diamond?" Steven says the last words in hushed tone.

There were some thing your mom didn't like to talk about. I never pressed her for details."

"Why not?"

"Rose and I talked about a tons of important stuff." Greg sits on stairs and pads next to him for Steven to sit. "Music,comic books,geting a sand bettwen your toes. You know,feelings."

"We both made a lot of mistakes when we were young. I though disco was coming back,she started a war. I think she felt she had to confess everything to me,but I told her 'the past is the past all that matters to me is who you are now.' And who she was,was an incredible loving being."

Steven smiled and put a hand over his gem.

"G'night dad." He hugs Greg.

"G'night Steven." He hugs his son back.

Steven finnished puting his yellow pajama on. He quickly jump into his bed and fell asleep.

When he open his eyes he again finds himself in grassy field.

'I'm here again.'

He tries to move,he found he's able to move and look around.

'Huh,guess I can look around. What is this place?'

When he looks on his left,he saw a broken pink structure with spider-like legs overgrown with flowers.

' What is...Whoaa.' 

He wakes up and touches his face to see he has been crying again.

.
.
.
.
The next day in the beach house, in the living room
Connie dramaticaly swipes everything from the table.

"Sorry I'll clean up that later!" She pulled out a thick book and placed it on the table. "When you told me about your dream, I though it sounded familiar."

She flipped few pages to a page which was exactly just like from his dream with a title Palanquin.

"Oh. That's it! The palanquin."

"Actually it's pronounced palan-keen."

They heard warp pad being activated,the crystal gem were back from the mission. Steven though maybe they could ask about the palanquin. Pretty sure they might know something.