❛━. 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 05

❛━.       𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 05

      Bright sat at his desk, feeling a mix of exhaustion and relief. He had successfully made it through another week of school, despite his lack of enthusiasm for the social aspects of it. While his classmates were perfectly pleasant, he preferred to keep to himself and avoid the dramas of friendship.

He was aware that people only approached him because of his family name. Knowing it all too well, Bright didn't place much importance on having friends in his life.

After school, instead of going to the rooftop, he hopped on his motorbike and rode out of the school grounds, enjoying the calm and peaceful ride.

But as soon as he passed the dark alley, he suddenly stopped and furrowed his brow, straining to hear the sound of people fighting. Bright's spine tingled with a chill as he heard the unmistakable sounds of a heated physical fight. He squinted his eyes to get a better view out of curiosity, only to witness a group of gangsters-looking men mercilessly beating up a lone guy who was wearing a school uniform.

Just witnessing how the severe beating the guy was enduring, Bright couldn't help but feel guilty about simply driving away. Although Bright usually remained unaffected by his surroundings, the unfairness of the fight just made him unable to drive away.

It was a five against one fight that he was witnessing.

Aaahh! Fuck it. Without hesitation, Bright gets off his bike and grabs a wooden stick nearby and swiftly charges towards the group of men, ready to confront them head-on.

Bright shows off a somewhat cool movement and urgency with his kicks and swinging. Swift hands and legs. Strong motions and focused blows that mercilessly cripple the thugs men.

All of it using only a wooden stick as a weapon.

Bright's movements went completely unnoticed by the guy who was desperately struggling to push himself off the dirty ground. He didn't fail to notice that the guy was wearing the same uniform as him.

At this point , with the excessive bleeding from the stabbing wound, Win could only focus solely on his pain.

He moves like an expert. Was he a sportsperson? perhaps a dancer Or a combatant? Perhaps a member of another gang? Win had a lot of questions in his head after barely watching the back view of the guy who just came to his rescue.

Even in so much pain, Win could plainly see how fast those motions were even though it was blurry. After a while, those men had all run away.

"Are you okay?" Bright says, catching his breath after beating up all the thugs men with just a wooden stick.

Despite the pain from his stabbing wound, Win musters the strength to hunch over and observe the person who came to his rescue. Win notices a familiar face in the midst of his agony — a student who wears the same school uniform as him.

However, due to his intense pain, he is unable to fully register the boy's features clearly. Win watches as Bright rummaging through his backpack. Suddenly, without warning, Win felt a tight pressure constricting around his torso causing him to scream out in pain.

"Hoy meung... Hey you... Stay with me," Bright had to make sure that Win did not close his eyes because from what he sees, he is losing a lot of blood.

By a lot, he means a lot of blood.

~

Metawin woke up with a sharp intake of breath, wincing as he opened his eyes. To his discomfort, he found himself in the hospital, of all places. The sterile white walls and the faint smell of antiseptic filled the room.

"You're awake," Neo mumbles softly as he steps up next to Win's bed, helping him to get up.

At the end of his bed there was a man dressed in a suit that had a bad expression. The man is having a mixture of emotions as he observed his nephew lying on the hospital bed.

"Lung Aat. Uncle Aat." Win groans softly as he looks at his uncle.

Aat could only sigh as he looked at his nephew's condition. It has always been either the hospital or the police station that he sees Win's face. He just didn't know how to control the teenage boy anymore. Aat has been taking care of Win and his brothers since they were small boys with their grandmother because their parents have been working overseas and hardly take note of their son's well-being.

Thankfully, his older brother's are working with stable income. One is married while the other is making his dream come true by becoming the hottest actors of the year.

Their parents would simply phone every few months to ask about their son's condition, which would take only about a minute.

And if Win said that he didn't have any parents, no one could blame the child for saying such things.

"You're lucky you're alive. And I've told grandma that you're staying with your friends for a week... I don't want her to worry about this," Aat muttered quietly as he folded his arm.

Win sits on the bed, sighing softly as he reflects on his unfortunate situation.

It all happened after he had finished his late lunch and was on his way to meet his friends. Out of nowhere, he was cowardly ambushed by a rival gang, who resorted to using weapons against him. To make matters worse, Win was completely alone when the attack occurred.

"Do you know who did this to you?" AJ asks, biting his lip out of annoyance.

"Eerr, it must have been Phan and his boys." Win grumbled and nodded his head.

"Chip-haai! Damnit! How can he do this to you!" Mark clenched his fists, his face contorted with frustration.

With a sudden burst of rage, he struck the table with a forceful punch, the impact reverberating through the room.

"Are you sure that it's him?" Aat asks, raising his eyebrows as he looks at the two of the boys standing.

"It has to be it, Lung Aat! I bet it was because they're not happy about our fight from before," AJ grumbles, frowning and huffing.

"Without evidence, I cannot arrest those boys. But, if I can get the witness to go to the station with me– just maybe I can arrest that boy," Aat mutter tiredly, scratching his head and taking out his notebook to jot down details he recalls from the witness earlier.

"There's a witness?" Mark asks, looking at Aat with his eyes slightly wide.

"Eerr! It was that kid we saw the other time!" Mond says, remembering the boy's face when he saw him before the ambulance came.

"Yeah, he called the ambulance. The paramedics said that that person had stopped your bleeding. Anyways, you boys better stay out of trouble!" Aat warns the boys and walks out from the ward with a headache.