❛━. 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 03

❛━.       𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 03

        Bright would always choose to wear his hoodie over his uniform, regardless of the weather conditions. It would seem absurd to wear something like that every day given the weather, but Bright's hoodie was his only form of defence. It somehow kept him safe and grew to become a part of him. He started wearing it after he developed depression and self-harming.

He vividly recalled the day he was rushed to the hospital following the car accident. The memory remains crystal clear in Bright's mind. He distinctly remembered seeing a car that he recognized as belonging to his family, and a man who bore a striking resemblance to his father's personal secretary.

Upon regaining consciousness from a three day coma, he was informed of the heartbreaking news that his mother had passed away on the very day he was admitted to the hospital. The only person in his world that loves him genuinely and takes good care of him had left him behind without him being able to see her for the last time.

It was incredibly difficult for him to witness his father dismissing the grieving process as if it hadn't happened. Even after Bright had been discharged, his father would constantly ask about when he would return to school, placing pressure on him to maintain a good image for the family name.

Before that accident, Bright had been a top-performing student, excelling in all subjects. But now, he no longer cares. That's how much his personality has changed. In the new school, despite his previous academic success, he no longer put in the effort to achieve straight A's. When his father suggested getting a tutor, he didn't react strongly, perhaps feeling a bit annoyed that his father hadn't noticed the changes.

"Studying hard huh?" a comment caused Bright to lift his head away from the math papers he was working.

Seated at a bench table, far from the school canteen, Bright hoped to avoid being seen by anyone at this point. The table was located at the back of the old school building, a neglected area.

Bright look at Win, the guy he's been wanting to avoid after meeting him at the street the other weekend. From what Bright heard, Win is well-known among his classmates, as the girls gossip about him. It seems that he is quite popular with both male and female students. He is described as good looking, quite tall, and having fair skin tones. When he smiles, Bright's first impression was that he literally look like a bunny.

The teachers weren't exactly thrilled with Win because he was always causing a ruckus with his buddies. His grades, when compared to Bright's current grade, were far from impressive.

But still, Bright doesn't understand why Win would come to talk to him. It was obvious that Bright was avoiding him.

He picked the spot behind the school, away from the usual hangouts of other students, specifically to avoid running into anyone else. But, surprisingly, he ended up crossing paths with Win.

"Oh ho... These are some high-level mathematics shit... Shia! I never knew you were this smart!" Win's surprise is obvious on his face as he gazes at the papers that Bright was completely absorbed in.

Bright felt a surge of terror when Win snatched the papers away, realizing his secret was about to be exposed. He never wanted anyone to know he could do such a difficult paper.

"I heard from some kids that you're actually bad at study- "

"Stop acting as though you know me. You and I do not know each other." Bright was clearly in a bad mood as he snapped at Win.

Bright then snatch the papers away. He then quickly grabs his things and heads towards the canteen, heading towards the drink stall. As he walked, he senses someone behind him. And he's spot on. Win is right there, hands in pockets, closing in on him in no time. Like a shadow.

"Why are you so grumpy?" Win playfully huffs and ask.

It made Bright frown as he took a deep breath before facing Win again.

"I just prefer to be alone," Bright, with a bitter tone, responds in a monotonous manner as he walks away.

Win watched the boy leave while gritting his teeth. It's the first time he's encountered someone difficult to converse with, but still, he's curious about Bright.

From the moment he first laid eyes on Bright that night to the day he spotted him on the street, Win's curiosity about him has been unwavering. He noticed how icy and weak the boy looks but yet, beautiful under that moonlight. Win asked around and found out that Bright is actually in the same class as him. He was seated right at the other end of the class, last row, next to the window.

Maybe it was because the boy's voice was barely heard in class. The first day he came, Win wasn't in class. So he didn't get to see Bright.

"You're still annoying that kid?" Win's train of thought is abruptly interrupted as Mond gently nudges his arms.

"What do you mean, annoying?" After rubbing his face and running his fingers through his hair, Win scowls and puts his hands by his sides.

Mond bit his lip and cocked his head, looking in the same direction Bright had ultimately disappeared.

"I mean, you've been bothering that kid since that night," AJ mumbled under his breath as he casually sidled up next to Mond.

"Everyone has been calling him a freak or more precisely, someone who has heartless disorder," Mark, his eyes fixated on the glowing screen of his phone, stood there beside Mond.

"A what disorder?" Win frowns as he turns to look at his friends who suddenly had gathered beside him.

"A heartless disorder," Mark says again, this time, putting away his phone and looking at his friend.

"I didn't realise you were this stupid, Mark..." Win let out a dry chuckle, his lips curling into a faint smirk, as he slowly shook his head.

Mark, feeling a surge of annoyance, rolls his eyes and scowls in response to his friends' sudden burst of laughter.

"Laugh... laugh... " Mark, feeling a bit frustrated, playfully raises his fist in AJ's direction, as if to jokingly threaten a punch.

"Hoy! Calm down na ..." AJ laughs and holds on to Mark's fist.

"A heartless disorder... Ha... Probably explains how cold he is huh? That guy never really care about anything..." Mond mumbles softly and then walks away to one of the drink stall.

"But does anyone know why he transferred here in the middle of the semester?" Win asks, casually stealing away Mond's drink from his hand.

Mond stare at Win, speechless by how casually it was taken away from him. It was like he bought it for Win instead for himself.

"Beats me~ there's many reasons..." AJ says, taking the drink away from Win and begins drinking.

"Some say there was an accident in his old school," Mark says and takes the drink away from AJ, drinking it.

Mond watches the way his drink was passed around and by the time it reaches his hand again, what's left was just ices.

"Ai sat! I buy this for me drink! Not for you all!" Mond's frustration suddenly erupted, causing him to shoot a piercing glare towards Win, AJ, and Mark.

"Eerr, where's Neo?" AJ cleared his throat, avoiding eye contact with Mond.

Mark gulped as he could feel the fire in Mond's intense glaring. He takes his phone out again and begins playing games.

"Are you all seriously -"

Win pat Mond on his shoulder, attempting to calm his friend down and grins.

"I can buy you another cup," Win says proudly as he grins like a dork.

"How about you pay me back all the drinks I bought for you?" Mond says with oozing sarcasm and flashing the fake smiles at Win.

Win flashes a mischievous grin at his friend, almost as if he's got a sixth sense for trouble.