Chapter #6 - The Rise of the Queen

Present Day

Present Day

Balerion's Chamber, Mount Valyr, Valyria

"Dahlia!"

Dahlia heard someone screaming her name from behind. It was in this moment, that Dahlia remembered that she was not alone in this ancient place. She was in front of a dragon. A dragon who may not hurt her for some unknown reason that she has yet to fully understand, but when coming abruptly face to face with some strangers... She could not began to imagine how the situation could end up! A dragon who stilled in place and zeroed his gaze at something behind her, in the direction of the entrance. And her friends were somewhere behind her!

"Guys! Don't come any closer!" yelled Dahlia while keeping her gaze on the dragon. "Don't move under any circumstance!"

"How can you say that Dahlia?" Ginny yelled back with a tone of disbelief, trying to get to Dahlia but founding herself being held back by her brother.

"Ginny! Stay where you are! Trust me!" Dahlia answered back, trying to appear confident, in control of the situation and her body movements.

"Stop it! Ginny!" Ron barked at his sister while trying to restrain her with Hermione's help. "Listen to Dahlia, she knows what she is doing."

While the group was trying to keep their place and composure, Dahlia began to talk to Balerion again.

"I know that we are trespassing in your territory and you don't owe us anything. But please, don't attack the group behind me. These are my friends! My people, my family!" Dahlia couldn't help but stress her words and convey as much of the truth as she could when she directed her fears to Balerion, while trying to maintain the heavy weight of his stare.

Balerion seemed to take a deep breath, trying to catch, memorize the scent of every individual person present in his chamber. "Do not fret, little Fire Queen, for as long as your people remain loyal to you, they won't suffer the fiery inferno of my breath." Answer Balerion with a tone of promise to his voice. "I was only trying to familiarize myself with their scents, I find them quite surprisingly odd."

"What do you mean by odd? They are not odd!" Dahlia angrily spit at Balerion's amused eyes.

"Angering you is not my intention, nor upsetting you. I just noticed that your companions have a difference in their scent, compare to yours." Pointed Balerion while studying the group, the group that, surprisingly, has kept quite during this exchange.

"What do you mean?" asked Dahlia, kind of confused.

"Call your companions forward," said Balerion, getting himself comfortable, lowering his head so it can be leveled with the height of his visitors. "Call them forward so that I can get their scent better. I swear to you, little Fire Queen, that no harm will befall them."