My Math Exam Gets Rudely Interrupted

Start from the beginning

Got it? Good, let's continue with the story.

"Ugh, watch where you're going, four-eyes." A rather squeaky, annoying voice came from in front of me.

"Seriously, Melvin? Four-eyes? Please buy a different book on insults. I think the one you're using right now is from the 1800's." I said, rubbing my head.

 Melvin Dickinson has been one of the most annoying kids at this school ever since we were freshmen. With orange-red hair, a flurry of freckles all over his face, brown eyes that are always mocking some poor individual, and an unfair height of 5'10, he's basically the embodiment of every single stereotypical bully ever made: which makes him all the more annoying.

"Why should I, shortstack? It seems to be working just fine for me." He sneered, stepping forward and invading my personal bubble once again. Gross, I can smell the garlic bread he had for lunch!

"Did he just call you short?! Only I can say that to you! Sky, hold my earrings! I'm about to throw down!" Electra declared, tossing her gold hoops to Skylar, getting into a fighting stance, preparing to lunge and beat the ever-loving crap out of the tall redhead. Skylar immediately started fumbling with the earrings excitedly instead of putting it in a safe spot, trying them on and seeing if she could steal them at a later date.

"No Els! Don't do it!" Ricky said, trying to hold her back by holding onto her backpack strap, "There's too many witnesses in the area for us to safely hide the corpse!"

"Ok." Electra muttered sadly, "Skylar, give me back my hoops."

"Aww." Skylar mumbled disappointedly, giving her back the gold hoops. 

"As if she can do any actual damage to me! She's too tiny. It'd be like if an ant tried to push a train." Melvin scoffed, infuriating me even further.

"Come on, Cy. Let's go before Astra gets impatient." Isla sighed, pulling me by the arm past the idiot.

"Wait, Isla! I actually wanted to ask you something." Melvin called after us.

"Ok, it is one thing to insult me. But if you insult Isla here, I swear on your AirPods that you will rue the day tha-" I started seething, trying to pull away from her death grip on my arm.

"Geez, woman. Calm yourself. Are you on your period or something?" The waste of space said, rolling his eyes. I was so mad at that moment, I wanted to poke his eyes out.

"Anyways, are you free this weekend?" Melvin said hopefully, staring at Isla like a lovesick puppy.

"Oh heck no, this conversation is now over." Isla said, pulling me with a vengeance away from the bag of flesh, our friend group quickly backing us up. We all made sure to exchange death glares with Melvin before we left, as we did so everyday.

Honestly, it was pretty clear to see why Melvin wanted to shoot his shot, regardless of his poor decision to mock one of her friends right in front of her. With her bright green eyes and dirty blonde hair, Isla had quickly caught the eyes of numerous boys and girls from her first day with her beauty.

Soon, after shoving and pushing through the crowd of exhausted, burned-out students, we finally made it to our destination.

"Finally, you guys made it!" Astra said, closing their book, "What the fuck took you guys so long? Summarize the story, though. Class is starting in 5 minutes." With dark brown hair that has purple streaks, a denim jacket covered in patches showing their different interests, and light blue eyes that gives off IDGAF energy, Astra had always been the epitome of a badass rebel who doesn't give two shits about society.

Since Isla and I were trying to catch our breath while Electra and Ricky were trying to calm down after raging, Skylar was the only person who was calm enough to educate Astra on what happened.

"Oh.No.He.Fucking.Didn't." Astra gritted out, their teeth clenched.

"Oh.Yes.He.Did." Electra confirmed, seemingly calm again (although, with her, it's never easy to tell).

"Why didn't you guys borrow my castration scissors?" Astra said casually, as if asking why the sky was blue. After coming back from winter break, Astra gleefully filled us in on one of their newest and most prized possessions from the holidays: A giant pair of scissors labeled "Astra's Castration Scissors."

"Well, we didn't know we were going to run into him today." Ricky clarified.

"Also, too many witnesses." I added sadly, shrugging my shoulders.

"Aww, that's too bad. Well, maybe next time. Are you guys ready for the test today?"Astra asked us hopefully. After hearing that, my heart missed a beat.

"WE HAD A TEST?!" Skylar, Electra, and I screamed in unison.

"Girl, I texted you all about it last night!" Isla said incredulously.

"And I called you right after the mass text to remind you!" Ricky said, facepalming.

"I got distracted with the new book I got for Christmas." I said sheepishly, scratching the back of my head.

"I was busy playing with my cat." Electra mumbled, scuffling the tip of her shoe across the floor.

"I got busy binge-reading a webcomic while simultaneously trying to perfect my cat-eye." Skylar said quietly.

"Were you able to do it?" Electra asked hopefully.

"...No..."

"Oh dear gods. Y'all are fucking dead." Astra said, shaking her head. With that, the bell rang, sealing our demise.

"C'mon guys, don't worry! Maybe it's not so bad!" Isla said as she headed to her seat next to Astra, trying to find the bright side of the situation.

Skylar sat down in front of Isla with a sigh, banging her head against the desk in utter misery. I followed suit, sitting next to her in front of Astra and praying to whoever is in charge of my life up there that I get a passing grade. Ricky was shaking his head at our incompetence and sitting behind Astra while Electra sank into her seat in dismay behind Isla, spouting a range of colorful words.

"Ok guys, here are 50 questions, all multiple-choice. You have until the end of class to complete this. NO exceptions. And go!" Mrs. Brown, our ever-so-benevolent teacher said, immediately walking over to her seat at the upper left corner of the room, watching over us to make sure we aren't cheating.

Five minutes later after realizing I didn't know shit on the exam and that I was doomed, the door slammed open.

"WE HAVE COME TO TAKE THE HEIRS OF THE 6 KINGDOMS!!" A demonic voice suddenly boomed out into the air. With that, I looked up from my catastrophizing to see a horde of creatures of some kind spilling into our class. They were all made of some kind of black mist, with yellow eyes and creepy grins on their faces.

"CYRA, SKYLAR, ISLA, ELECTRA, ASTRA, AND RICKY, PREPARE TO MEET YOUR DOOM!" the creepy demon-creature-thingy continued.

With that, we all looked at each other as one thought crossed our minds: We're fucked.