Chapter 20: Challenge

South Korea

"Jam Republic"

Team Jam Republic rejoiced, while the other team just felt so defeated.

Kirsten, Latrice, and Audrey went down so fast and hugged Carlyn.

--------------------

Vow, on the other side of the building was feeling a bit disappointed because they weren't in the same team as her but they're glad that she's in.

--------------------

Carlyn thanked everyone and went to the same room where the other contestants were staying. She was excited to see her teammates from EnBeatz and NoLip, as well as the individual contestants Ria, Miyabi, and Sienna.

She was so excited to meet and create memories with them.

As soon as she entered the room, she was welcomed with some claps and Vow tackled her into a hug.

She just laughed at the group's tactics and hugged them back. She congratulated them and they reciprocated.

While going to Jam Republic's area, Vow kept on complimenting her and she went shy in an instant.

In less than a minute or so, she saw her teammates. Vow said their goodbye for a while to let her bond with her teammates.

Everyone greeted her and they all congratulated each other. Carlyn introduced herself in Korean, Japanese, and English.

Japanese members were shocked that she could speak in Japanese.

"Can you really speak in Japanese or do you just know how to greet?" Ria asked in Japanese, curious

"I can speak it really well, Ria-chan." She answered back in fluent Japanese.

The two japanese members that were feeling a bit anxious earlier were now feeling relaxed as they have someone who could understand and speak three languages because the language barrier is becoming a bit of a boundary for everyone in the team. A disadvantage that every global crew could relate to.

They were just getting to know each other during the break before the third screening happens, which is the impromptu battle.

They have no clue what challenge would be faced by them, but Carlyn made the most out of their time because she is sure that not everyone in here could enter and join the entire competition.

--------------------

And after a few more minutes, all of them were called back on stage.

And as soon as they got to their places, the twist was then revealed.

Unlike SGF 1, in this season, everyone will compete individually. All groups will be disbanded for the meantime and fight on their own for their spot in the competition.

All had an extreme reaction, even the masters said that this is too cruel.

But instead of getting too nervous, everyone started cheering for one another.

Team Jam Republic was seen having a group hug and the other teams soon followed.

With this single scene, Carlyn has known that these people will be another set of sisters for her.

--------------------

Soon enough, everyone went in the room they were in earlier while the first team had their screening.

The order of the screening before was Manequeen, Lachica, Hook, 1 Million, Jam Republic, and Bebe.

When it was Hook's turn, she kept on cheering for Vow members and was hoping that most of them would get in. She was so happy when Chaehyeong, Joobin, and Yeonju were called.

When they went back inside the room, she hugged them so tight, including the members that were not able to enter.

She congratulated and told them that they really did a good job. Making those who weren't chosen feel better.

While waiting for their turn, Vow was with her, cheering her up and giving her talks that she could do and enter the competition. They're very sure of it.

They were doing it until the time had finally come...

--------------------

Some were a bit curious that they were brought to the same black studio where some of the other teams were brought to.

But Carlyn on the other hand had an idea that this would be a kind of choreography mission that they have to practice for.

And she wasn't wrong. The masters came in and announced that they will be having a cover choreography plus freestyle.

A choreography will be shown by Latrice and for the rest of the song, they have to freestyle.

Carlyn was overjoyed cause she loves Latrice's choreographies so much and that both these challenges are her strength. It's like the challenge was made especially for her.

Latrice has finally shown her choreography and Carlyn was just looking at Latrice very fondly.

At the same time, she's already memorizing the choreography. She was very amazed at how good the choreography was.

As soon as the masters left, everyone found their own spaces and started practing, but they didn't fail to notice that Carlyn was already dancing to the whole thing as if it was taught to her personally by Latrice.

The details were there, the energy, the movements, the execution, but at the same time, they could see her style in the choreography. It's like she own the choreography.

When she was finally satisfied with what she practiced, she tried observing everyone in the room.

Some of the staff were curious on why she suddenly stopped. They thought she was going for a break, but they also thought that it hasn't been ten minutes from when they started.

But their curiosity was answered when they saw her go to NoLip's place.

She saw the people from NoLip having a bit of hardship as this dance isn't their strength.

"Uhm, hello guys. Do you need any help?" She asked the group in Korean

"Would that be okay for you?" Someone asked

"Of course, besides I am already done practicing."

"well, we really need help in this part. Could you show us how to do it?" Someone once again asked

"Sure, no problem." She started showing the part detail by detail so that they could understand it more clearly.

The time passed by, Carlyn was with NoLip the entire time trying to help them, until they were finally called back on stage.

-------------------- END OF CHAPTER --------------------