Chapter 3: Interested

London, United Kingdom

Even though Carlyn returned home, the shocking event from earlier still lingers in her thoughts.She is still in disbelief that her one uploaded video was the key that finally opened a door to her dream.

Millions of people lauded her, but that was never her goal. One of her lifelong goals was to get the admiration of those she looks up to. She had a soft spot for these people the moment she knew them.

Despite being on her bed, her mind remains fidgety. A sudden notion to contact her parents crossed her mind. She was unable to communicate with them today.

Three rings later, her mom picked up the phone.

"Hi ma, pa!" She warmly welcomed her parents. She knows her mom called her dad the second the phone rang, even though she dialed her mom's number, so they could talk on the phone.

"How are you, my love?" In a gentle tone, her mother inquired.

"My mother, I am doing OK. A few hours ago, I returned home. We switched up our preparation routine since we have no idea what's coming up next. For the event that an unexpected performance arises. Mom, you're familiar with our school system, right?" she said, laughing.

"Love, you're exerting yourself too much. Then her dad told her, "Please, look after yourself there."

"Rest assured, dad. No matter how exhausting it is, I enjoy what I am doing. What a dull existence it would be if I couldn't dance."

"You truly are our daughter, my darling," her parents chuckled, and Carlyn could only put on a smile.

"Just so you know, Carlyn. A video was shown to us from your school. This is all the rage in Korea right now. Can you tell me who that is? Since you are the club president, I assume you are acquainted with her because she is a student at your school. We have connections all over the globe, so many casters are requesting for her and asked us to help them." According to her mom, "They want to cast her."

"Ma, do you seriously not know who that is? Pa? How about you?" Asking, Carlyn

" It seems like you know her based on the question you asked. Is that Maddy?" In response, her father spoke up.

Unexpectedly, Carlyn burst into laughter, startling her parents, who were already intrigued to find out who it was.

"Ma, pa, how can you not recognize your own daughter?" She said, laughing.

Upon seeing her parents' expressions of concern, she quickly reined in her laughter.

"Why, ma, pa? Why are you all so worried?"

"My darling, would you like us to remove the video? Does it make you uncomfortable? " She was asked by her parents, who were aware of her desire for privacy and discretion.

"It's not a problem, ma. Reading all of the comments and feedback actually made me happy. Just like Joshen and Maddy, I was nervous at first, but they reassured me that no one would recognize me. I mean, not even my parents could tell who I was." She mentioned that while grinning, her parents also smile with pride.

"Did you see Rie Hata commenting? Mom and dad, did you? My idol actually watched my video!" Her parents' smiles widened as Carlyn exclaimed with excitement.

"So what are your plans currently, our little superstar?" As a form of teasing, her father

Carlyn answered the first question, but she blushed slightly and denied her dad's claims.

"What do you think about my future in the dance industry, mom and dad? Like publicly?" she asked.

"Certainly, my dear. Showing the world your dancing skills would make an enjoyable scene."

"That is the issue, mom. Is it realistic to maintain a low-key existence while performing for an audience? I would prefer not to be heavily featured in the media."

"You could certainly establish a persona as a dancer and offer your services for private events or as a backup dancer. Even though performing puts you in the spotlight, this may help you keep a low profile."

" Ma, pa, I want to start performing. This time it's real... "

-------------------- END OF CHAPTER --------------------