Chapter 9

𝐖𝐀𝐑𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆, 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐚 𝐥𝐢𝐥 𝐛𝐢𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐠𝐨𝐫𝐞🤏
ʳᵉᵃᵈ ᵃᵗ ʸᵒᵘʳ ᵒʷⁿ ʳᶦˢᵏ ᶦ ʷᵒⁿ'ᵗ ᵖᵃʸ ᶠᵒʳ ʸᵒᵘʳ ᵗʰᵉʳᵃᵖʸ ᵇʳᵒ

𓆩⚝𓆪

The third time proved to be a charm, they said.

After enduring three tormenting cycles, subjected to the whims of the king of curses and having to heal yourself, both mentally and physically, you found solace in the fact that you lived to see another day.

As you returned to Gojo's room, the lingering scent on the sheets and pillow reassured you. However, the owner of the room was absent. Glancing at the clock on the wall, it read 6:30 AM.

You cursed under your breath, knowing that the time in your visions and real life worked differently. Trying to steady your trembling body, you couldn't help but unconsciously shed tears, reflecting on the torture you had experienced just minutes ago.

If you hadn't awakened at the right time, the ordeal could have driven you to the brink of insanity.

The memories were still vivid in your mind—how he used his thumb to stab both of your eyes, the numerous slices on your body with his cursed ability, and the agony of him picking your nails one by one just to hear your screams.

Yet, you remained uncertain whether he realized that it was a future you were foreseeing or not.

The possibility of him recognizing this unique skill of yours lingered in your mind, casting doubt on the truth. Despite the clarity of your visions, you found yourself with zero answers, and the mysteries surrounding his actions left your head throbbing as if it were about to explode.

You began the process of healing your mind and mental state with your powers, determined to prevent the development of mental issues reminiscent of the time when your beloved one passed away. As you focused on steadying your breath, you noticed a small cupboard near the bed containing bread, coffee, and a little note.

"Don't forget to have breakfast ;)

- The hottest man in the world,
yours truly, G"

Reading the note brought a sense of reassurance and lifted your spirits. Howbeit, your peace was disrupted when you noticed a drawer in the cupboard slightly ajar. Unable to resist your curiosity, you opened it to find a small bottle labeled as aphrodisiac.

***

The last thing etched in your memory was the discovery of the aphrodisiac in the drawer, leaving you on edge throughout the day. Finally, at dawn, the white-haired man you'd been eager to confront arrived home from a day filled with battling curses and chaos.

Unfazed by your presence in his bedroom, he questioned why you were there, seated on the couch.

Not that he mind, though.

In response, you hurled the drug bottle at him. Of course, it plummeted before it directly hit his body, shattering upon impact, its contents splattering across the room. Your eyes locked onto his blindfolded gaze, and you couldn't believe he would do something like that.

"Didn't expect you would stoop that low," you commented, your anger palpable. He, however, maintained a straight face, feigning ignorance.

"What do you mean?" he asked, attempting to act oblivious to your discovery.

"You know exactly what I mean. I found it in the drawer," you retorted, your frustration evident.

"Ah, Y/N, I was just helping you to be more honest about your desires," he nonchalantly excused himself. The audacity of his response left you utterly surprised.

Today had been rough, and your mood hadn't improved since the nightmarish vision. Now, dealing with Gojo's cavalier attitude, you found yourself at the brink.

You gritted your teeth, desperately trying to maintain your composure. Frankly, you weren't sure how much longer you could hold it together. The fear lingered that you might lose control again, like the last time you both discussed your past altercation. This time, though, you considered the possibility of throwing a punch at Gojo to protect your pride.

"What? You're angry? Didn't I make you feel good last night?" he inquired, now standing in front of you with a grin that irked you to no end.

Oh, how you wished you could scratch that pretty face of his.

"Shut up," you retorted, his casual disregard for the concept of consent only fueling your frustration. Despite your affirmative response last night, the fact that he drugged you cast a dark shadow over the encounter.

Did he really have to take it this far?

"Forget it," you said, your heart bearing a deep scar, your pride shattered in front of the mighty sorcerer.

Truth be told, you didn't even want to share your vision with him right now. Earlier, you had taken a seat on his couch with the intention of questioning him about the drugging incident and delivering the crucial news. Much to your dismay, his responses had been disappointing, and you expected better reasons from someone of his stature.

Nevertheless, you needed to be professional. This matter wasn't just about your feelings; it had broader implications for the jujutsu society. The news of Gojo Satoru's death, the strongest sorcerer of the present, was not optional information. It was a necessity to protect the people you cared about.

"I have something important to discuss," you swallowed your pride, motioning for Gojo to sit next to you.

"Such as?" Gojo asked, releasing his blindfold and placing it on the table as he took a seat. His casual demeanor, as if nothing had happened earlier, only fueled your growing disdain. It intensified your hatred towards him.

"Your death news," you said curtly.

He laughed at your statement, and you rolled your eyes.

"I had a dream about your death last night," you began, but he didn't seem to take it seriously.

"Was the sex that bad?" he asked, curiosity evident. It had him wondering why you'd dream of such a brutal scenario if it weren't for a displeasurable experience.

"Yes, but that's not the case," you lied, that much was certain.

"Sukuna killed you, and this will happen in the future. Gojo, you see, in my lineage for a thousand years, we have this secret where the golden eyes of mine aren't just used for healing but also to foresee the future," you explained, staring at his blue eyes with deep seriousness.

He frowned at your words, especially when you resorted to giving him the last name treatment once again. Despite Gojo's past actions, you knew he could be trusted with this important news and your clan's secret.

"I couldn't control it, and it only appears whenever I'm asleep. I don't know when or where it will occur. As it happened, it occurred last night," you continued.

"However there was something odd. Usually, when I have foresight, the people I see in the future can't sense my presence. It's as if I'm just a ghost, only getting to watch them. Yet, last night, Sukuna recognized me, even to the point of torturing me."

"He knew who I was, and I don't know whether he recognized my ability to foresee the future or not. B-but he might eventually realized that it was the future..." you added, your voice trembling.

Even though you had healed yourself from the trauma using your power, it seemed like it still had a lingering effect on you. Out of the blue, you felt Gojo's arms around your body, as if meant to offer comfort.

It did ease you for a moment, but seconds later, you broke the embrace, giving Gojo a death glare.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?" you said, your voice twisted with resentment.