Chapter 31: Decisions and Choices

Start from the beginning

Four was now sympathetic but they would have been sympathetic regardless of what Leafy had told them.

They stood up and walked to Leafy, hugging her wordlessly and she latched on.

"Thank you, Four," Leafy said quietly.

"Don't thank me for something like this," Four said solemnly.

"You should learn to accept when people are greatful," Leafy joked.

"Yeah, maybe you're right," Four hummed.

They stayed like that for a moment, Leafy holding tightly, appreciating the comfort.

Four pretended that they couldn't feel Leafy's tears falling onto their shoulder.

...

The atmosphere back stage was tense and nerve wracking for Leafy but not for the usual reasons.

She had done a good job at avoiding Firey so far, she was just terrified she would slip up.

Normally he was hang around backstage so he could be with her before the concert and wish her luck.

There had been no sign of him so far and Leafy sighed in relief as the final touches were put on her costume and make-up.

A stage manager came in and told her she needed to make her way to the stage.

Even from where she was she could hear the crower cheering and chanting for her.

For her.

She wasn't going to let them down, she wasn't going to falter, she wasn't going to make a mistake.

Not over some guy who never even loved her.

When she stepped out into the bright lights of the stage, she closed her eyes and slowly opened them to adjust to the blinding blaze that surrounded her.

For a few brief seconds, everything was white and dazzling, like heaven shrowding her with it's magic and mysteries, like the mist of a wave crashing onto rocks on a coast.

She was that wave, she was that magic.

She was that Idol.

And when the music blared, she was untouchable.

Far above him, far above the hurt and lies, far above feelings.

Out of reach, leaving him somewhere in the crowd.

She knew he was watching her but she didn't dare look his way.

If she did she would falter and possibly find herself going back to him.

She was stronger than that, she didn't need him, so many people loved her, what difference would one person make?

There was unfathomable amount of adoration and awe being directed at her, thousands of people here for her.

Yet, she had never felt more empty.

She wanted to be able to run to him after the show, to hear him compliment her while he was embarrassed, for him to hug her and say she looked pretty.

She wanted to feel safe with him, to rest beside him and play with Butter, all snug and warm.

She wanted to be with him and the idea that all of that was gone hurt her in a way she couldn't describe.

This wasn't something she should think about, it was below her now.

Her heart and soul would go to her career, nothing else was needed, she was on the cusp of her dream.