04 - Violet Aura

I know you can hear me Ivy.

Wake up. You'll be late.

The all too familiar husk voice rings in my ears.

Wake up Ivy Howards.

I slowly open my eyes, partially expecting him to be in my room, partially disappointed he isn't.

I rub my eyes, groaning.

"Today she has class with the witches," i tune in and hear Zaria speaking.

"Today we'll find out if she's a fake, she's probably head over heels for Cain now," Laur says.

"Lauren, leave the poor girl alone, you can't be so bitchy to her," Arella says.

"She's going to do something and I will laugh in your faces and say I told you so," Lauren says. I feel hurt. I thought maybe it was just a mood she was in yesterday, clearly I was wrong.

I try to silence them, I succeed, and I walk towards my closet.

Since it's friday, it's free dress. I take out a dark red lacey tank top and some low rise jeans, pulling them on and throwing a black zip up over it just in case I get cold – which is very likely.

I put on my makeup, making myself look cute, putting on a faded winged liner.

I step outside of my room, ignoring the three girls there and immediately stepping out of the dorm. I don't feel like entertaining that energy Laur has.

I start walking down the steps, quickly realizing I have absolutely no clue where I'm going.

Turn around.

I stop in my place, turning my head and seeing Cains tall frame moving swiftly down the hall, towards me.

"Hi Cain," I smile at him.

Did you like that wakeup call? He smiles smugly.

"So you di-"

He covers my mouth, don't expose our secret.

I suddenly realize he was holding me against a locker, I could smell his scent clearly, a strong masculine scent, almost spicy, it was perfect, it took over my brain.

Yeah, okay. I push his arm off me and pat myself off, I look around making sure no one important saw.

You embarrassed to talk to me now? He raises a brow at me.

Look at you then look at me, of course I'm embarrassed to be talking to you, you're creepy. I try to hold my smile back. Obviously he was the most attractive guy at school, many girls would kill to be seen next to him.

"So, witches today?" He looks down at me, walking again, hearing his real voice almost makes me jump, although when I look closely, he looks disgusted with the thought.

"Whats wrong with witches?" I feel like I can read his mind. Oh wait!

"They're the only ones that are good at killing vampires," he walks, I have to speed walk to reach him.

"Kill? Why would they kill vampires?" I raise my eyebrows.

"After we get out of this hell hole of a school, everyone goes their separate ways, to their "kin" some may say, and depending on their kin's beliefs, that's what they do," he explains. I'm not sure where we're going but god am I out of breath. He looks down at me and frowns, I notice him slow down a bit, "you need more training, Howards."

"Don't have to remind me, Whitten," I roll my eyes.

"How'd you find out my last name stalker?" His lips form into a soft smile.