Party

-Scott POV-

After the concert at Rockit, there was an after-party at Julie's house. Everyone was invited except for me but I went anyway. It was packed with people everywhere. When I walked into this upbeat, electrifying, tacky party desperate people were doing desperate people things. Kissing on the stairs, playing sex games, skinny dipping, and doing 'things' with the pool sticks.

I began walking around the house carrying a red cup, blending in with the crowd. I found an empty spot and sat there looking out at the mob of people. I sipped on my drink when someone came and sat beside me. "Is this seat taken," a familiar voice asked. "Not that I know of," there was an awkward silence. I haven't seen Ramona since I saw her talking with Stacey and Knives.

After the show, I went looking for her but she was already gone. I missed seeing her rainbow hair that changes unexpectedly every week and a half. Even if I had just seen her this morning I still missed her badly. She was like a toothpick that I use to pick out meat from between my teeth. When I didn't have it I would miss it because my inaccurate finger would pick at the wrong tooth.

I would say I was surprised to see her here but it wasn't much of a surprise that she would be here.

Although this atmosphere is pretty uncomfortable I tried to lift it a bit. I started talking about the party and the band and stuff. She gave little to no reply only saying some words.

The truth was I still felt kinda weird for wimping out on her the other day.

The only thing I could do was talk as if I didn't.

"Did you know that the developers of Sonic assumed wrongly that hedgehogs couldn't swim so they made it a part of the game? In reality, hedgehogs can swim."

"Mhm."

Of course, I noticed something was different with Ramona. She always wasn't much of a talker but it's not that.

More like Ramona gave off a different vibe, the same vibe she gave when we first met three months ago.

Almost like we are nothing but strangers again.

"Do you wanna play this game with me," she looked at me giving me a small smile. "What kind of game will we be playing?" At least she still talks to me like we aren't complete strangers. "Come on they're playing it over here." I followed closely behind her as she led me to a long table full of red cups and drinking games.

"Drinking games?"

She nodded then pulled me over to a group of people and asked them if could we join. They said sure and explained the rules to us.

It sounded simple enough. We sit at the circler table they were at with our heads down then on the count of three, we lift our heads and stare at another player. If the person you're looking at isn't looking at you you're safe. If you end up staring directly into someone else eyes you shout out "Medusa!" and take a shot. After the explanation and everyone took their seats the game started.

I had survived 3 rounds without looking into someone's eyes. In the fourth round, I directly looked into this one girl's eyes. She shouted out Medusa before breaking eye contact. I sighed my streak gone as I downed the shot. I coughed three times wondering what the hell they gave me. Two more of those and I'll be wasted. After the first round I lost, I started losing all the other rounds as well.

Don't remember what round we were on before I got up to go to the bathroom. I don't know when but Ramona was no longer at the circular table either. "Uh, c-coulD y0u p01nT mee t0wArds the b-bathr00m." My head hurts like hell and I felt hot. "Yeah, bathrooms over there are you ok dude." "Im fne thwank y0u," I opened the bathroom door to see three people pushed up on the sink making out and doing other things. I quickly closed the door and backed away from the bathroom. All of a sudden I don't have to use the bathroom anymore.
—————————————————————————
I was looking for Ramona when I saw Wallace dancing on top of a table surrounded by a lot of people cheering and watching.