Do It Matter

-Scott POV-

"You don't know what you've got 'til it's gone."

Wallace was watching a Lucas Lee movie. I had just walked out of the bathroom when I walked in on Lucas Lee the actor saying these words to a guy who had just gotten his heart broken by his girlfriend. She had left him for Lucas. The only reason I know so much about this movie is because Wallace watched this movie more times than I can count. Don't get me wrong it's a good movie but it would be better if the lead actor wasn't one of Ramona's exes.

"Wallace this one again?" I asked tired of watching this same movie. "What it sends a good message." Sighing I looked at the time. "Oh shit I'm going to be late" Hurriedly I ran to put on my everyday shirt and pants. Struggling to find my sock in my pile of clothes I looked at Wallace hoping he would know. "It's under the bed," I knew I could always count on Wallace to save the day. "Thanks, Wallace I gotta go before I'm late."

Reaching under the bed for my sock I give the time another glance. "Late for your date with Ramona?" He didn't even look my way still watching Lucas Lee on the screen.

Lucas was now skating through an old beat-up town. It was that part of the movie where he ripped open his shirt and fought a group of guys. Wallace loved this part of the movie always up for sexy men in action. You would know a lot about your gay roommate after years of living together.

I finally grabbed my sock when there was a knock at the door. "That's for me!" I quickly opened the door to see Ramona with Green hair today. "Hi, are you ready?" She looked so beautiful with her rainbow hair that changes every week and a half and her cool rollerskates.

I mean yeah she has seven evil ex-boyfriends but everyone has skeletons in the closet, right? "Yeah I'm ready," she looked at my face and then down to my feet. "Are you sure?" Following her gaze I realized I didn't have my other shoe on. Quickly I went back inside to get my other shoe. "Back so soon?" I chose not to answer him don't know why I just did. I ran out the door and slammed it shut.
—————————————————————————
Ramona and I were walking around holding hands when I spotted an ice cream truck. It wasn't too hot of a day but who would say no to ice cream?

I walked over to the truck to order two scoops of ice cream one scoop of Rocky Road and a scoop of strawberry. It was a weird combo but I loved it. I turned to Ramona to see if she wanted anything. She had a calm expression on her face. Ramona was sometimes unreadable, I thought maybe it was just because of her past. She had trouble talking about her past scared it was going to come back to haunting her. Well, she naught worry I will protect her through hell and back.

"Want anything?" I figured she wouldn't want anything but I still asked.
"Just a vanilla cone" I was surprised to hear that but hey like I said who would say no to ice cream?
"Can I get a vanilla cone for the lady and one scoop of Rocky Road, one scope of strawberry sprinkled with waffle cone flakes, Oreos, and Nutella oh, and a single cherry to top it off?" Couldn't wait to chow down on my dessert.
"Sweet tooth talking?" Giving the ice cream man my money I turned to look at Ramona.

Sometimes I would look at Ramona and think I don't know much about her. I just happened to see her in my dreams and meet her at a party later on. Then I ended up at the house after buying a video just to see her and ask her out. Besides her seven evil exes, I know nothing about Ramona.

"Scott, are you okay is there something on my face?" No matter what I can always find out more about her later on in our relationship. "No, I just zoned out a bit." After grabbing our ice cream we found a nearby bench to sit on while we eat. The wind was blowing a bit making me shiver. No matter what I was still eating this ice cream.

I started swinging my legs back and forth like a four year old. "Scott, want to come back to my place?" I paused a second before scarfing down my ice cream. I nodded my head, getting a brain freeze in the process. "Follow me," Just as she said I followed her to this door with a star on it. She dragged me through it were we ended up in her house. So now I was standing in her kitchen waiting for her return. She said she needed to do something and left me here.

After a long wait, I took it upon myself to go check on her. Walking down the hall I came across what I guessed was her room. So I opened the door to see Ramona changing. I yelped and covered my eyes. "Not again, I'm sorry I won't look," it was silent for a few seconds before I felt something wrap around me. "No need to be shy Scott it's nothing you haven't seen before." She was right it wasn't the first time but why? Pulling my hands off my eyes she kissed me I hesitated before kissing her back. Something didn't feel right this felt wrong. I don't understand this wasn't our first time so what was stopping me? "I can't not today." She paused then pulled away from me.

"Scott it is alright if don't want to do it I'm not forcing you."
"Yeah I know it's just"
"It's just what"
"I-" I couldn't explain even if I wanted to so I just hung my head low looking at the carpet floor. Maybe it was all that thinking earlier about not knowing anything about her. Or is it something else. Can't be this isn't the first time I had such an empty feeling inside. Every now and then when I'm with Ramona I would feel something unpleasant and uncomfortable.
"Scott you can just rest your head on my chest if you want." She pulled me to the bed to lie. Maybe I'm just overthinking things. Yeah, I love Ramona and she loves me back. We stayed there like this for an hour then I got up to go home.
—————————————————————————
Scrabbling for the keys I attempted to unlock the door. When I got it open it was dark all over the house. Before I turned the light on I thought about the strain on my eyes and if Wallace was sleeping it would wake him up. Blindly I walked to the bathroom.

When I came out the lights were on and Wallace was in the kitchen getting some water. I sighed inwardly as I flopped on the bed. Curling up under the sheets I slowly drifted off. Before I fully fell asleep Wallace said something but I couldn't quite hear what he said.

I turned around to see his face but everything was blurry. He mouthed some words still inaudible for me to hear. He reaches out to me just to turn me around and shake me violently. "Scott, wake up" Annoyed I turned over my back facing him again. "Leave me alone Wallace," Wallace must have been fed up cause he smacked my head and turned me back over. "I said get up" At this point I just wanted to sleep so I started whining. "Why" I wanted to sleep and see Ramona in my dreams. "Scott first off you taking up the whole bed. Second off you left the keys in the door again." Oops I always do that, not a good reason to shake me awake though. I reluctantly sat up finally able to see Wallace clearly. "Besides I was hoping you wouldn't be back so early." Wallace was always good at know what was up. So before he could predict the whole night I told him the root of my sorrow. "It's just that I backed off on Ramona today." When I said this Wallace started giving that look. The look I didn't like because I didn't understand what it meant. Trying to look everywhere but his eyes were hard to do. He had pretty but demanding eyes.

"You'll be fine it was just one back off you'll get over it."
"But what if I do it again, I keep having this empty feeling in my stomach lately. Like something is missing?" Wallace went silent for a minute before responding. "Sleep on it." After saying that he got in the bed and fell asleep. "Well thanks a lot that was such a good pep talk" I rolled my eyes and turned back around and slowly fell asleep. Little did I know someone didn't immediately go to sleep.