Polarity & Congruence

APPROXIMATELY TEN YEARS AGO: 2004

M A L I K @ 16 •

"Aye! Malik!" I hear a voice call my name as I get off the bus at a fresh 7:10 in the morning.

I head to the voice seeing it was my main nigga, Tyrell. "Wassup, cuz," I dapped him up laughing.

"You wanna go behind the school, to the alley real quick n smoke?" A big grin appeared on my face. We then started walking behind the school heading into the nearest alleyway.

Tyrell sparked up a blunt he had already rolled up. Junkie ass nigga.

The intoxicating smell of weed flowed into my nostrils. I watched as he inhaled and then passed it to me. I did the same feeling the smoke fill my lungs. I laughed for no reason feeling the high already take over me.

A good ass start to the day. I believe.

"What y'all niggas doin'?" I smacked my lips rolling my eyes when I saw Tonio and Terry my homies I been knowing since freshman year.

I also gotta fatass crush on they sister.

LaTasha muthafuckin' Moore. Gahdamn.

She's this thick-ass sophomore. Brown skin—how I like 'em with some pretty ass lips and hair that comes to her waist.

Tonio and Terry said not to fuck with her, but never in my life have I listened to a nigga.

"Hur come 'ese lame ass niggas," I laughed, walking sideways a bit, so my pants wouldn't fall as I dapped Terry up the blunt still in my other hand.

I pulled up my pants and then dapped Tonio up who pulled me in for a hug. I laughed at this nigga. "You always wanna hug somebody, gay ass nigga," He smacked his lips rolling his eyes.

"Whatever, bruh," he scoffed as we laughed. He flicked me off. "Since when is it gay ta hug yo friends?" he spread his arms pleading his case as we continued to laugh passing the blunt.

"Y'all niggas is goofy," Terry laughed. I peeped Tyrell to the left of me, now stand-off-ish. He didn't really like being around these two.

Tyrell and I have been knowing each other even longer. Since middle school.

We've been close ever since. I even sold weed with him a few times or any time I needed some extra money.

I noticed the relationship changed a little when I met them two.

The T twins people like to call them. They weren't actually twins but they were a year apart from each other and they acted like twins.

Terry, the older one, even got held back, so they were even in the same school year.

After meeting them, we became hella close, and I started banging. It was also a way to get some quick money to help out.

My sister just turned nineteen and just had two twins. She's still living with us after they ain't shit ass daddy decided that he didn't want her or the kids no more.

On my niece and neph, I was ready to body that nigga, but my sister begged me not to.

Anyway, my sister had babies and no job, and my mama was working two jobs, damn near killing herself, and still barely making ends meet. Nobody wanted to hire me because I was already on probation at the time for fighting, so—I turned to the streets. My gang. They helped me out a lot too. They my brothers. I got them and they got me.