Chapter 7: Camping!

tw: mentions of death

--Snowflakes pov--

"I can't believe we are actually here!" I say, putting my backpack down on the grass.

"I'm glad I took you with me" he says, setting up the tent

"I'm glad I came," I say, hugging him. "Also, where's your girlfriend? Did she break up with you after juvy?"

"Yeah." he says, getting teary. I was starting to cry when I saw Berry almost slap Alex outside. She beat berry up and left her there for the night. When I went out in the morning, she wasn't there anymore."

"You have me!" I say, proudly putting my hands on my hips.

.........

After we had some smores and talked, I finally decided to ask him something. "Are you an elf?" I blurted out. "Sorry if I'm rude." I mutter, trying not to annoy him.

"I'm the result of an elf and a human, leaving me with enhanced hearing and smell, but no powers." he says.

I start to giggle as I smile, "my parents were like that too!

We both chatter excitedly as I spot something in the tent. I point it out and Kade goes inside and picks up a kitten. It looks a few months old and its fur is an orangy yellow mix.

"Can we keep it?" I say as my eyes brighten.

"Sure." he chuckles and rolls his eyes playfully to my fangirling. "She's a female cat by the way.

"Wait- there's a collar on her." I said as I read her owner's name. "Albert Josen is her owners name."

"He died in that kidnapping case 5 months ago." kade said, semi horrified as he picked up the cat. 

"I feel bad" i said, hugging kade, the cat meowing in between us as we both chuckle

--Alexis pov--

Juno and I sat in comforting silence, under a blanket, sitting on the couch. "Wanna grab popsicles?" I say, getting up after pausing the movie.

"Sure! I'll have strawberry please if you have it." Juno says, softly smiling while humming a song.

"We do have it, and I'll have lemon." I say as I listen to him hum. "Whatcha singing?" i ask as I grab both popsicles and put them on a plate.

.........

We had finished the movie and our popsicles when I looked up, admiring the full moon, and the calming night sky. "It's beautiful out here" I say while I think of transforming and flying in the air, feeling free. "I wonder if he feels that way too, I think as I look at him looking up at the sky.

"Look! A shooting star!" he says, smiling as we both watch it pass the horizon.

"I never want this night to end, ever." I thought.

--kades pov--

"Let's name her... Honey!" she says, holding the cat in her arms.

"That's a cute name" I say, looking at her playing with the cat and giggling.

"A cute name for a cute cat!" she says, booping honey's nose and setting her down.

..........

We had spent the past two hours training honey and it worked. Snow and I both agreed to give her the immunizations she needed to become our cat. We had been looking at the ceiling of the tent for a while when I broke the silence.

"I don't want to go back home." I said, looking snow straight in the eyes. "I don't want to leave you and deal with life."

"I don't want to either." she said as she led me outside to the stars and open skies. "This is beautiful, she said, smiling."

I then made a brave move and kissed her cheek. "Just like you." I said, before we kissed on the lips.

"I never want this night to end" I thought, looking snow deep in the eyes.