Chapter 8

Jiyeon wished that she could repress her daring actions sometimes. However, when the tide in the cedar river was high enough, the current would not be able to be stopped for a dime. Hwang Minhyun was definitely out of question. She in particular was quite aware that he would be standing by Seungcheol's side, nonetheless. 

With a slight part of vivid hope, Jiyeon approached an acquaintance she somehow knew through work conferences with the sly query whether the woman knew some eligible bachelors around town. 

Arriving at Brooklyn Bridge Park, the overpass was not something that could not be missed during a visit in the Big Apple. People were surely happy, or at least it seemed like they were, conversating in bigger or smaller groups to what they felt comfortable in. 

The right hand loosened the little knits that were looping around in her long black hair, walking to the pre-arranged spot where she waited for her blind date as the smell of fresh water of the East River entered her nostrils. 

Jiyeon promptly adjusted her woolen blue greyish dress just before she heard a sweet voice intruding her ears. 'Are you perhaps Gaby's friend?'

Her twinkling eyes shot up, meeting a pair of deer-like ones in a swift. Jiyeon was immediately warned of her awkward behavior, dating as a pregnant lady was not ideal let alone what she did before everything happened. Considered that one eventful night could be the biggest mistake of her life made the most skeptical self come right out of her. 

Before Jiyeon wanted to say something, the well-mannered guy stretched his right hand out forward while smiling from ear to ear. 'I guess you are. I am Joshua Hong. Nice to meet you.'

A slight scoff of disbelieve left her lips, noticing a portion of self-confidence on his demeanor. The woman with twinkling eyes composed herself as she gave her right palm into the yet strangers hand. 'Good guess, I will give you that. I am Kim Jiyeon, nice to meet you too.'

He behaved gently polite while letting the woman's hand go, leaning on this steel barricade that separated them from the clearest water. The sun was blazing its last bright rays of the day, hitting afternoon in the most beautiful and unique way. 

Jiyeon could not bring herself to break the silence, so did Joshua sense on her right side who took his given chance at once. 'Gaby spoke highly of you.'

The woman was slightly surprised, expressing that with a distinct tone in her voice. 'Really?'

Little did the newly mother know that this was all a premeditated scheme. 

Gaby was being roped into this brilliantly devious plan by Minhyun who obviously knew about her existence. The trio of best friends had their best alibi ready, and sending in their opening batter was without a question not the most difficult quest to conquer. 

Joshua let a small beam on display, glancing over to the elegant woman who stole his best friend's heart. 'Yes, your academics are incredibly. Honestly, I am a cricket in front of you.'

Her full-blown laugh filled the oxygen air around them, the couples beside and beyond them noticing it with grins on their faces. The gentleman on the other hand got caught off guard for a moment, yet Jiyeon snickered through her sentence while lightening the mood up a bit more. 'Okay, so I am definitely much more curious about that now.'

The squinted deer-like eyes on his face appeared like he understood the playful intention, shaking his head in denial as he looked away from her. 'No, you do not want to know. Believe me. Just to be curious, I heard from our common friend that you are Korean, correct?'

She nodded to his second question of the first date, blinking to make the mesmerizing view in front of her lighter and brighter. 'My Korean is really bad, so I am warning you. This will probably not be a plus point for the in-laws.'