Chapter 4

One and a half year ago in Daegu

Her natural charm with the loose tied hairstyle that sculpted her distinct facial features. An intense aura that built the mature charisma around her is what I noticed at first. 

She laughed aloud. I mimicked her contagious laughter without my knowledge. 

My strong arms were covered by a black, water-resistant trench coat as I stood firm in front of the sikdang (restaurant) where we had promised to meet up. Our old classmates were reuniting to talk about lost time which I certainly needed after living far away from my hometown Daegu

Yet I could not recognize the girl with that beautiful eyesmile. She could be a wife to one of the guys, or a friend who wanted to tag along. Nevertheless, she most definitely did something to me, words were no longer qualified for the way I am seeing her. 

This is your shot Seungcheol, get a Korean girl this time and make your mother proud. 

The saccades in my dark brown eyes moved to see my old best mate Minhyun who decided to walk towards me, letting a pass for the meager sigh that escaped my mouth as I walked inside the building. 'Yah! You really did come earlier than expected, chingu-yah (my friend). I thought that you could not make it. New York must be missing their best man in town now.'

Couple of people from our old high school had already noticed my presence, greeting vehemently as I responded to Minhyun's surprise. 'Hey, I could not miss it for a dime. And you know that I am always in for a party.'

I settled on the other end of the fully assorted dinner table, making sure that I had a good eagle view over the room. Soju bottles and a couple of highballs were downed into the nostalgic group's stomachs, my dark brown eyes only focused on one individual who clearly has not noticed my intense stares yet. 

I whispered in my deep voice to the left side while eying the bubbly girl. 'Minhyun, who is that flower over there?'

The naughtiness was caught in my gaze, Minhyun disapprovingly shaking his head in denial as if he had given birth to me. 'Oh, you will not ever change, will you? How could you not recognize her?'

I raised the highball jar to cheers it involuntarily with the other drink in Minhyun's hand, my lips taking a sip before groaning at the strong taste. 'What do you mean?'

Gritting his teeth so no one else could listen in, my figure leaned more to his side to hear the words more clearly. 'Pabo-yah (Idiot), it is Jiyeon. Kim Jiyeon. Remember when you used to steal her homework from time to time, annoy her until she gave in? And not to forget that you never ever have seen her as a girl.'

Well, I am seeing her as a divine woman now. 

This is why I found her familiar. Plus point that she knows who I am, the alluring smirk playing on my lips betrayed what I was thinking as Minhyun gave me a firm nudge on my bicep. 'Jiyeon is a really innocent girl. She will never stick to you.'

Confidence radiated off me, raising my thick eyebrow as Minhyun stared blinkingly at me. 'Do you know which women will never stick to me?'

Taking a sip of his alcoholic drink, Minhyun expected the obvious answer already as he monotonously murmured. 'Which one?'

I let my gummy smile into sight, groaning my answer at once which had my old friend's eye rolling. 'The ones who I will never stick to.'

Empathizing the "I" was no help to Minhyun who clearly opposed my predictable plan. 'Listen to me Seungcheol, I know her really well. Jiyeon will never love you, and never will she commit to a man who is allergic to love or marriage.'