𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝟖𝟖

Evelia laughed indifferently.

"It's okay. I'm used to being ignored."

In the past and even now, I had no hesitation in receiving negative attention from people.

Moreover, even if Great Aunt Alexandra ignored me, would it be worse than what the people of Venion do?

But Cassis' expression became mysterious. He furrowed his eyebrows and squeezed her cheeks.

"Don't say that."

"Yes?"

"Didn't you say that just because you're used to it doesn't mean it's okay?"

He raised his thumb and carefully brushed Evelia's lips. This was the spot where Evelia was injured after being hit by Countess Venion a few months ago.

'Do you still remember what happened then?'

At that time, Evelia did not know why Cassis reacted so sensitively to her wounds. But now I know.

Because he was also a victim of domestic violence. He couldn't leave her in the same situation.

At the same time, I was glad that I didn't hide it. It was a conversation I could never have imagined before.

Evelia smiled faintly as she placed her hand on the back of Cassis' hand.

"That's right. Just because you're used to it doesn't mean it's okay. Therefore..."

Every time she spoke, her lips touched Cassis's palm. Cassis straightened his fingers stiffly.

"I'll try to become friends with your great-aunt so she doesn't ignore me. So don't worry too much."

To be honest, Evelia didn't really care if Great Aunt Alexandra didn't like her.

'But it feels like Cassis follows her great-aunt a lot, right?'

Maybe she was one of the few people who showed kindness to the abused Cassis.

'So they are still interacting.'

So, for Cassis' sake, I wanted to be close to Great Aunt Alexandra. Furthermore...

'She has to stop ignoring Ruth.'

No matter what anyone says, Ruth was the successor to the Adelhard family. However, it was important to have the fact recognized by the elders of the family.

And I wanted to give Ruth a grandmother she could rely on.

'I have to do well.'

Evelia smiled as she looked at Cassis, who still didn't know what to do with his hand being held by her.

There was something I wanted to ask.

"More than that, can I ask you now?"

"What... Do you mean?"

Evelia hesitated for a moment and then opened her mouth.

"Julia Adelhard, about your sister."

"......"

Cassis stopped breathing.

'I guess it's still a bit early.'

I didn't think it was presumptuous. Now the two of them had become quite close and could even exchange private conversations like this.

However, perhaps Cassis was not mentally prepared.

Evelia affectionately kissed his callused palm.

""It's okay, I'll wait. Just let me know when you're ready."