𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝟓𝟖

7. Wedding

Deep in the night, when everyone is asleep. A carriage without any emblems arrived at Count Venion's residence.

The person who got out was a young woman with red hair and green eyes, bordering on girlhood and womanhood.

Her name is Catherine Eaters. She was the daughter of Baron Eaters and the 5th cousin of Count Venion.

"Welcome, Lady Catherine. Thank you for your hard work for coming this far."

Count Venion's butler greeted her politely. Catherine smiled.

"A long way? The Count personally invited me, so of course I should come."

Far from being difficult, Catherine was currently very excited.

'I can finally step into the capital's social circle.'

Unlike the Countess Venion, who settled in the capital, she belonged to the Baron of Eaters.

She didn't have a townhouse in the capital, and she couldn't afford to stay at an inn for long, so she couldn't even dream of entering the social capital.

Her father, Baron Eaters, implicitly asked his cousin, Count Venion, to support Catherine, but he refused.

Catherine, who was full of dreams at the time, was very disappointed.

'I'm not the kind of person who will just rot away in the countryside.'

Although I may say this myself, Catherine Eaters was very beautiful.

As soon as she became an adult, she dominated Southern social circles and received countless marriage proposals.

But she had a bigger dream.

She wanted to go to the capital and become at least a Marquises. Naturally, the wife of a country nobleman was not pleased.

The nobles who traveled to the capital proved that her dream was not an empty dream. Even the most beautiful women in the capital are no match to Catherine.

But since Count Venion refused, all dreams were in vain.

The night she heard the news, Catherine made a fuss, throwing things in her room.

However, a few days ago, Count Venion contacted them to send Catherine to the capital as quickly as possible.

So, Catherine had even used the expensive Mana Portal to come to the capital as soon as possible.

She suppressed her excited voice as much as she could.

"What about the Count? Can I see him tomorrow?"

"He is in the office. If you don't mind, I will guide you right away."

Catherine nodded, trying not to smile too brightly.

My father, Baron Eaters, had told me several times that I shouldn't show that I like things too much.

Act appropriately and tease Count Venion or something.

I didn't think it was necessary, but I certainly didn't want to make me look too easy.

The butler personally guided her to the office.

When she entered the Count's office, she greeted him with what she considered to be perfect manners.

"It's been a while, Count."

"Yes, Catherine. Five years, perhaps."

"Yes, I think it's been about that long."

The Count looked Catherine up and down and smiled with satisfaction.