𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝟕

There is one name in the Adelhard family that should never be mentioned.

Julia Adelhard.

She was the eldest daughter of Duke Adelhard, and the older sister of Cassis, who was two years old.

Unlike Cassis, who was blunt enough to question whether emotions existed, Julia was a warm person like the sunlight on a spring day.

Beautiful and lovely Julia. Her name was always followed by those words.

From birth, she was the only kind person to Cassis, who was raised harshly as the heir to the Ducal family.

She sincerely loved and cared for Cassis, who was avoided by peers because he did not express his emotions properly.

Cassis, who didn't even love his parents, was the only one who recognized Julia as a family member.

Seven years ago, she died at the manor after suffering a severe fever.

At least that's how it was known to the public.

But the truth of that day is different. In fact, she secretly gave birth to a child in her estate and died of the aftereffects.

Cassis, who loved his sister dearly, feared to hear that Julia had died giving birth to an illegitimate child of no father.

So he decided to take on the child by making Ruth his son.

That was how Cassis's nephew, Ruth, became his son.

At the same time, Cassis completely erased Julia from the Adelhard family.

Removed her portrait, and ordered the employees to keep quiet about Julia.

So Ruth didn't know anything about Julia.

Julia, in other words, was a traitor to Cassis, who seemed to have nothing to fear in the world.

Then one day, Count Venion found out by chance that Ruth was Julia's son, and used that as an excuse to urge Cassis to marry Evelia.

'If that's all he had to go on, I don't think Cassis would listen.'

Rumors had already spread once in the world that Ruth was Julia's child, not Cassis.

It was because he had never had a problem with women since he was young or now, it was hard to believe that a man who had attended the Imperial Academy since his early teens could have fathered an illegitimate child.

However, rumors about him died down when Ruth formally showed his face in the social world.

It was because even though he was still a child, Ruth's appearance resembles Cassis.

'Maybe the writer set it that way on purpose.'

So now it was clear that if Count Venion insisted that Ruth was Julia's son, it would sound nothing.

But how could he blackmail Cassis?

'Count Venion knew Ruth's biological father.'

Julia didn't reveal who Ruth's real father was until the moment she died. Despite Cassis' pleas to tell him, she shut her mouth.

After Julia's death, Cassis gave up on finding Ruth's father, who was irresponsible.

He had already made Ruth his son and heir to the Adelhard family, so there was no need to find his father.

Ruth's real father hadn't shown up first, so he thought he'd never find him in the rest of his life.

That was until a year ago, when Ruth started experiencing abnormal symptoms.