𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝟖𝟕

Start from the beginning

Ruth, who had eaten dinner, asked cautiously.

"Aria?"

"Yes!"

Evelia narrowed her eyes with a face full of mischief.

"Do you miss her already? You just saw her a while ago."

"Oh, that's not it..."

Ruth hesitated.

"Aria said she wanted to travel."

"I see."

"Can I invite her?"

"Of course."

"Yeay."

"Then shall we send a letter?"

"Yes!"

Ruth quickly brought stationery and writing materials from the room. The child plunged the quill into the inkwell and began to write a letter.

"To Aria..."

Evelia rested her chin on one side and quietly watched the child write the letter.

"Hi, I'm Ruth. I am at our territory now."

The child actually wrote, 'To our territory'.

As Evelia laughed breathlessly, the child became upset.

"Isn't it right?"

"It's okay."

"Ugh, I don't like it."

"Then shall we try writing it again? Let's practice with mom. You can use this stationery for practice."

"Yes."

Ruth started writing letters again. Evelia corrected him every time he made a mistake.

The child rewrote the completed letter on clean new stationery.

[To Aria.

Hi, I'm Ruth. I am now in our Adelhard territory.

It's very cold here. It's going to snow soon.

So, why don't you come and have fun too? There is also a snow festival here in winter. Let's go see it together.

Got it? You must come.

Ruth.]

Evelia sealed the letter with the seal of the Adelhard family on behalf of the child.

"Now, Mom will send this for you, so shall we go to sleep now?"

"Yes!"

After putting Ruth to sleep, Evelia headed to the Duchess' room. Unlike the rooms in the capital, the rooms in the estate had a more stately and old-fashioned style. The overall color of the room was a bit dark.

'I don't really like the dark, but this is okay in its own way.'

It was when Evelia was looking around the room where she would be staying for the next three months. The door opened and Cassis came in.

"Do you like it?"

"Ah, Cassis."

Evelia smiled and took his hand.

"Yes, I like it."

"We have continued to maintain it, but since it has been empty for a long time, there are many things that are out of fashion. If necessary, you can change it to suit your taste at any time."

The words were uncharacteristically long. To anyone watching, it looked as if Evelia was planning to run away because she didn't like the room.

Evelia waved the hand she was holding.