Chapter 6: Farewell, but not Forever

Azur Lane Orphanage, Eagle Union

It was about a week since Gettysburg arrive and Akagi is finally leaving people alone because she finally found a servant, but looks like she have to deal with Enterprise since Gettysburg always attach to her; however looks like Gettysburg is here with her.

Gettysburg: "Is there anything you request?"

Akagi: "How about we play at the sandbox? I notice Ise and Hyuuga playing there. It's time to have a little chat."

Akagi and Gettysburg head to the sandbox where Ise and Hyuuga is playing, but looks like there's more trouble to be made, but add Gettysburg to the mixed which doesn't go well with anyone in the orphanage which Ise and Hyuuga will find out in the hard way.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Time Skip

Ise and Hyuuga is sleeping on the sandbox after went super hyper after having to much sugar and start to rest until Akagi arrive with Gettysburg.

Akagi: "Looks like you two didn't learn your lesson from last time."

Ise and Hyuuga start to wake up to notice Akagi standing on the edge of the sandbox which shocks them to see another kansen with her because she always have Kaga, but this time it was Gettysburg.

Ise(tire): "Oh no. It's Akagi and she brought another pet to play with."

Hyuuga(tire): "I'm too tire to argue with you Akagi."

Akagi(angry): "You think I allow something like this to dishonor the mighty of the 1st Carrier Division."

Ise: "Akagi; you don't have Kaga with you so you're not a 1st Carrier Division."

Akagi: "No, but I have Gettysburg the little brother of Enterprise as part of my 1st Carrier Division."

They start to wake up after learning that Gettysburg is the little brother of Enterprise which they know how powerful Enterprise is so it jolt them to stand up despite their body is still shutting down due to much energy they waste after having to much sugar. Akagi straight off the girls which was notice by the Director including Admiral Horst who is in charge of the Alaskan Research Facility where Gettysburg was born.

Director: "Looks like Akagi is getting her act together and treated like a true carrier."

Horst: "What she always like this?"

Director: "Before Gettysburg; no one likes her because she was bossy; however when Gettysburg arrive and become her servant. She's act more like a carrier then someone who wants to be boss. Are you planning to take Gettysburg away?"

Horst: "We still need to do some test run on him at the facility. We're leaving tomorrow."

After the talk with the Admiral; the Director head to where Gettysburg is at while Akagi is scolding the two battleships which he notice him.

Gettysburg: "Director?"

The Director inform Gettysburg about his departure which he was saddens to leave his sisters including Akagi, but it have to be done in order to powerful just like his sisters. After the Director left Gettysburg and Akagi finish scolding the two battleships who is in tears. Akagi notice Gettysburg sadness.

Akagi(worry): "Are you alright?"

Gettysburg: "I'm leaving tomorrow to the research facility.'

This shocks Akagi because without Gettysburg; she won't able to perform as a 1st Carrier Division except she have Kaga, but Gettysburg was the one who told Akagi about how to act like a carrier since he learn all of this by Admiral Horst who is leading the largest fleet in Eagle Union. After he bid farewell to Akagi so he can pack his stuff up for the trip; Akagi try to stop him, but trip over the edge of the sandbox which Gettysburg notice it.

Gettysburg(shock): "Are you alright?"

Akagi(crying): "Don't leave."

Gettysburg comfort the crying Akagi telling her that it's not forever.

Gettysburg: "This maybe a Farewell, but not Forever. We can play when I come back after the testing."

Akagi(crying): "Are you sure?"

Gettysburg: "I'm sure."

They made a promise to each that they see each other again in the future, but it won't be long until the Battle of Midway where they meet each other, but as enemy in the war between Azur Lane and the Crimson Axis. Enterprise learn about his departure and say the same thing to Gettysburg, but he answer Enterprise with the same quotes.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Present
Market, Azur Lane

We return to the present where Akagi is talking with Gettysburg about how he spend most of his life in the research facility which Gettysburg answer to her that it was nothing but spending in the chamber because they don't know if the power of his is controllable or not. They don't want the facility frozen and cause a crisis. They continue to explore the market area and buy something to eat while discuss about what happens before the Battle of Midway which she inform Gettysburg that Amagi died due to illness which is the main reason of Project Orochi which the Sirens promise them that they revive Amagi through Orochi, but have failed since they didn't recover the dark wisdom cube.

Gettysburg: "I serious doubt the Sirens would hold the deal."

Akagi(sad): "I thought that I was doing the Sakura Empire the favor, but looks like I failed as the 1st Carrier Division flagship."

Gettysburg: "It wasn't your fault Akagi; the Sirens use your heart as advantage and say things you want to hear. They trick you."

Akagi(sad): "Now the Sakura Empire girls don't trust me."

Gettysburg: "If you want then how about I joined your 1st Carrier Division just like the old days."

Akagi: "What about your sisters?"

Gettysburg: "They can take care of themselves and because they're powerful just like the other carriers in the Eagle Union. I don't have a fleet of my own and they do so I'm talking with Sakura about transferring to your 1st Carrier Division."

This make Akagi happy and Gettysburg head to the Command Center to get the formation ready. Now the 1st Carrier Division has three aircraft carriers.

To be Continued....

OVA 1: Ice and Fire