10

Mia's POV:

"... and it's a privilege to be engaged to the hardest working, the ... sexiest woman in the country," Grey says as he grabs my face and kisses me.

Mr. Andrews clears his throat.

"Wine and Lust doesn't stand for that kind of lust, Mr. Rodriguez," Mr. Andrews says and Grey releases me.

Carter looks at Grey with a weird look.

There's an awkward moment of silence around the table where no one knew what to say.

"So, Grey, what do you do for a living?" Denise asks him.

He looks at me awkwardly. I panic. We didn't talk about this. Please don't say a stripper or something.

"I'm a ... a doctor," he finally says. I let out a breath of relief.

"Honey, don't be so modest," I say, finally gathering up courage and feeling like I want to tease him a bit. "Grey's one of the best proctologists in the country," I tell everyone and I see Grey's smile falter.

I just felt like a proctologist was the right field for him.

"A procto ... what?" Clarissa asks, clearly having no idea what a proctologist is.

"It's a rectum specialist," I say to her, looking up and smiling at Grey.

"Ahh! What?" She whispers to Carter, and he leans in to whisper in her ear, probably explaining what a proctologist is.

"Oh! Like a gynae, but just different?" She asks trying to make sense of it in her own way.

"Exactly," I tell her with a wide smile. "Grey and rectums are," I cross my fingers, "like this."

"Thank you for that one, my love," Grey tells me, a strained smile on his face.

"He saves hundreds of lives literally through their rectums," I say to everyone at the table.

Mr. Andrews nods his head.

"That's what i said - like a gynae!" Clarissa exclaims, happy that she was right-ish.

I clear my throat. "Mr. Buys, now that you've landed this export contract, I reckon your wines..." I begin to start with my presentation.

"Honey, you know what I don't understand?" Grey interrupts me. "You don't even like wine. Hmm?"

"Excuse me?" I ask, while giving him one monstrous side eye. He knows how important this is.

"Yes. You're more of a 'beer' kind of girl," he continues adding fuel to the fire.

I laugh half heartedly, slapping his arm. "Yeah, if you're talking about ginger bear."

I give him a strong, hard kick in the shin. He deserved that and I only feel slightly bad.

3rd Person POV:

"I think she just kicked him," Cruz says in disbelief 

Carla laughs.