Chapter 2: Magic

Characters, places and incidents in this story is partly fictitious, reader discretion is advised

--------------------------------------------------

Nan, Siam

Deep in the jungles of northern Siam, a hermit was meditating, he soon felt a presence."Who are you, and state your reason of visit" the hermit said. "It's me Kieaw" a teenage boy responded. "Ah ok, so, why are you here?" the hermit asked back, "Oh well, I wanted to tell you something" Kieaw said, "Well, go on" he responded, "So you know how my dad's in the navy?" the boy said, "Yes" "Well, he just sent a telegram telling us about some recent encounters about a new nation, heres the thing though, the nation claims to be from somewhere that isn't in our world, here he even drew a rough sketch of the map on of the crew memebers had." The boy then pulled out a piece of paper.

" The boy then pulled out a piece of paper

Rough sketch from the boy's dad

"Well, this certainly isn't our world" the hermit responded, "So, why are you telling me this?" he asked. "Well, I have a theory, my theory is that we got transported to another world, so, I wanted you to check if we're in the same world or not." The boy responded, "Such spell does not exist, but one can compensate with the spell of checking magical beings" the hermit responded. Soon he started chanting, after a few moments the chanting stopped. "Whats wrong" the boy asked, "Nothing is, I have finished the spell, and can conclude that we are infact, in another world." The boy didn't know how to respond, so he just said thanks and left. Later that day, he sent a telegram to his dad about his events today.

A few days later
Navy Barracks, Bangkok

"Yo, Daeng, wanna head to the local temple?" A fellow soldier said to Daeng, "Ah well, whats the occasion?" Daeng responded, "Oh nothing much, I just had the urge to go, like a vibe or something." The soldier said nonchalantly, "Oh ok, sure, lemme just finish reading this telegram first then." He gestured towards a piece of paper

After a few moments, they both change to their civilian attires and headed down to the local port, it was buzzing with people, some heading to the market to get fresh food, others are likewise heading to the temple, finally a break of the stress of the military life, soon, the ferry arrived, chugging with all its might, it came to a stop, people rushed about, getting on and getting off, after with a bit of strugling, and squeezing through a few people they finally got on, a few seconds later the ferry whistled and roared back to life, chugging, the duo, then went to a find a seat and sat down. They've decided to head to the local market first, to buy offerings for the monks.

At the market, they walked around, buying rice, dried foods, candles, soaps, among other things to offer to the monks, after checking that everything has been bought, they walked over to the temple, a short walk away.

At the temple