Chapter 14 - Phase One

Mulai dari awal

After running through stairwells, corridors, and countless doors we finally reached a secured metal door at the end of a short circular tunnel.

"How do we open it?" I hissed to Teresa. There was no keypad. No handle.

She swallowed,

"I don't know-"

The door slid open revealing an unsuspecting soldier on the other side.

We all jumped in shock, but before the soldier could pull out his gun, I cocked mine and shot him in the chest with an electricity bullet. He flew back and lay on the ground, his body spasming as he was electrocuted. The other five soldiers inside started shouting but we all stormed the room shooting down all of them.

The room was circular with a control panel in the centre. Directly in front of us was one large metal door and other smaller doors circled the rest of the wall.

"Gally open all the doors, we gotta get these kids out," I stressed while coming up to the first on the right. Gally hit a few buttons on the central control screen, and I heard a click, and it opened. 

I was met with six girls all cowering behind each other, terrified. They were probably all around eleven or twelve.

Wicked bastards.

I remembered I still had my mask on, so I pulled it off,

"It's okay, it's okay, we're here to help... Come on let's go," I soothed as the girls apprehensively started to file out.

The others did the same with the other doors. Kids started filling the room. I went to the next door, this one containing six boys, and released them. I turned and saw Gally so I came by his side.

He grabbed the neck of a Wicked worker on the ground and pointed his gun at their head,

"The vault. How do I get in?"

The worker's head sagged to the side as he murmured,

"You can't,"

Gally swore under his breath while releasing the worker so they slumped to the ground unconscious.

He glanced at me. My eyes widened. He looked to the others,

"Guys, this might take some time,"

I turned back to Thomas and Newt expecting Minho to be with them.

He wasn't.

The three of us looked at each other with defeated looks.

"He's not here," Thomas breathed before turning to Teresa. "Where is he?" He scowled in her face.

She swallowed,

"He should be here-"

'Yeah well, he's fucking not," I sneered.

She sighed,

"Let me check the database,"

She walked past Thomas to the central computer and started tapping a few buttons. The three of us crowded behind her to see.

"Somebody's moved him up to the medical wing," She breathed before turning back to Tom, "Thomas... that's on the other side of the building,"

"Okay, take me to him. Right now," Thomas ordered,

"All right. I'm coming with you," Newt said beside him.

"Newt, no, you're not," He insisted before lowering his voice, "You have to stay here, wait with Gally for the serum,"