𝟳 - 𝘀𝗵𝗮𝗺𝗽𝗼𝗼 𝗯𝗼𝘁𝘁𝗹𝗲

⚠️ mentions of abuse and rape in this chapter ⚠️

it was about midnight and rori had been asleep for a solid hour so i decided to put her into her cot. i took her into her room, layed her down and gave her a kiss on the forehead. i walked back into my room and i saw someone trying to come into my room through the window, i grabbed my heaviest shampoo bottle from my bathroom and turned the light on. when i got closer to the window i stopped and took a breath of relief when i saw it was jj, however my worry just got higher when i saw he was covered in cuts and bruises. i quickly let him in and gave him the biggest hug i could.

i led him into the bathroom, got the first aid kit out from under the sink and lifted myself up onto the countertop. i pulled him toward me, between my legs. "what happened j?" i asked him, seriously worried, "umm, it was my dad" he said, "my mom left when i was a kid and he just takes it out on me" he told me, i started cleaning the cuts on his face with anti-septic, "it happened to me too" i began, carrying on cleaning his cuts. "ummm, when my mum met her new boyfriend, everything happened really quickly. he beat us all, everyday. and nobody knew this but he would come into my room and, and r-rape me. almost every night." i said

it was like a huge weight had been lifted off my shoulders. i had never told anybody that before, not rome, not my mum, not anyone. i put the wipe down and looked into his eyes. "i've never told anybody that before." i said to him, "well i'm really glad you told me." he replied. we were staring at each other and the knot in my stomach was replaced with butterflies, "can i kiss you?" he asked, "of course" i replied. the kiss was meaningful and amazing. i cannot describe it any other word than perfect. we pulled away and my smile was huge. "i really quite like you remi" he said, "i really like you too jj" i said and kissed him again

we had a talk and decided to take it slow, go on a few dates but i was really happy. i got into bed with j for the second night in a row and i felt weirdly safe in his arms. we put on love island and just relaxed, "so, i have to ask you" he began "what were you gonna do to an intruder with a shampoo bottle?" he asked whilst laughing at me. "i don't know? i gotta protect me and rori somehow! you want me to just run down to the kitchen, grab a knife and shank them up?" i said laughing too, "what the fuck does shank mean?" he asked, "you american wanker, it's like stabbing someone" i said, "ohhh okay, what is a wanker?" he asked and i burst out laughing.

the next morning, i woke up to the sound of crying, it wasn't anything new to me so i quickly got out of bed and went and grabbed rori. i tried not wake jj up but it was too late. he walked into rori's room just as i was changing her nappy. "BLONDIE!" she said happily, "morning princess!" he said to her and took her out of my arms. she was so happy to see him. they went back into my room and into bed whilst i went downstairs and made rori a bottle. we all laid in bed and carried on watching love island. after a while, once we were all settled, he reached over to me and intertwined our fingers, holding my hand softly, i felt my cheeks burn up. i was happy in obx. this is where i am meant to be.

we decided to go to the beach with rori as she'd never been to the beach before. i got changed into a bikini with some shorts over the top. i put remi in a cute little sundress and did her hair in two bunchies. whilst i was getting her ready, jj set up her pram. i got her buckled in and we left my house making our way to the beach. we were going up a hill and i was struggling with pushing it so jj offered to push it for me. it may seem so stupid to people but for me it was such a sweet gesture. i've been on the recieving end of the dirty looks people give you when they think you're a teen parent and its not fun, so the fact that j was willing to push rori for me made me feel really special.

we got to the beach and i held ror's hand as she walked across the sand, the smile on her face was so big that it made me grin. i turned around to see jj smiling just as wide. we played on the sand and even put our feet in the sea quickly. it was a really nice morning. we decided to go to the wreck and grab a drink and something for rori to eat. we got there and saw kie behind the counter. "kie, babe, you look rough" i said chuckling, "fuck off. what do you want?" she replied, "i want a mango smoothie and i'll get rori a croissant, what do you want j?" i said "sorry can we just circle back a second," kie began, "you're gonna get rori a what? what the fuck is a quackson?" she said and jj started laughing, "a croissant? you know the moon shaped pastries?" i said, "i love your british accent but it's so confusing" she said and i giggled.