𝟭 - 𝗮 𝗳𝗿𝗲𝘀𝗵 𝘀𝘁𝗮𝗿𝘁

"come on rori, let's get your shoesies on quick, otherwise we're gonna miss our flight" i said to my little sister, "otay rem-rem" she replied, i picked her up and took her downstairs to find our older sister rome, "rome?" i called out "romie?"rori shouted, "sorry guys, i was just putting the last of our luggage in the car, remi can you get ror's bottles from the fridge whilst i strap her in?" rome asks me, "yea, of course" i reply and pass rori over to her. i get the bottles off the side and take a second to walk through the house. i have lived in the uk and in this house for as long as i can remember, and now every room that was filled with happy memories is clouded by memories that hurt me. every inch of this town, this country even hurts me. so me and my sisters are moving to outer banks, where our mum grew up, for a fresh start.

@remi.roberts posted on their story

after a long 15 hour flight i was worn out

after a long 15 hour flight i was worn out. me and rome took in turns with rori but we were both knackered. our mum left our grandparents house to us in her will so our living situation was sorted, we picked up our new car and drove to our new home. i looked around and it was just like mum had described it, the balcony in my room looked right out on to the beach, i could see people surfing and messing around, it brought a smile to my face. mum had always told us stories about her childhood here, growing up right next to the beach, working at a little resturant right next to it and going surfing with her bestfriend anna on her breaks. i was so happy to finally be here even if it did hurt my heart a little bit that she wasn't here with us.

i was unloading our luggage from the car and a couple came up to me, "hi, we don't mean to disturb but we wanted to come and say hi" the man said, "we're your new neighbours, the carreras" the woman finished, "oh hiya, i'm remi, remi roberts, my sisters are inside." i replied and the womans face dropped a little. "i don't mean to pry but is your mother amy roberts?" she asked me, i felt a little pain in my heart, "yes she was, did you know her?" i replied. "hang on a minute, are you anna?" i asked, finally putting the pieces together, "yes, i am, this is my husband mike, you look so much like your mom" she told me and a smile appeared on my face. "thank you, she spoke about you and this place all the time." i told her, "oh thats so lovely to hear, where is she?" anna asked me, and my smile disapeared, "um, she passed away earlier this year, she had cancer." i replied, "oh my goodness, i'm so sorry sweetheart" she said and pulled me into a hug.

just then rori ran out, "rem-rem, romie wants to know what you're doing?" she said, i picked her up, "rori, this is mr and mrs carrera, our neighbours" i told her, i then turned to anna and mike, "this is my little sister rori, our older sister is inside" i tell them, "she's so adorable," mike says, "who's this?" rome says as she walks outside, "oh, this is anna and mike carrera, they live next door, they knew mum." i tell her, "oh my goodness, it's lovely to meet you, i'm rome" she says whilst shaking their hands, "hey why don't you guys, come over for dinner tonight? i've got some pictures of me and your mum if you'd like to see them and remi, we've got a daughter around your age, im sure she'd love to meet you" anna asked us, "only if you're sure" rome replied, "we wouldn't want to intrude" i added, "that's very polite of you but don't be silly" mike replied, "is 7 o'clock good for you guys?" anna asked us, "sounds perfect" i said, "see you then" rome added before we walked back into the house.

after a long day of unpacking and exploring our new home, me, rome and rori made our way over to the carreras house, i was a little bit nervous, they had a daughter my age, i wanted to make new friends and i wanted everything to go well. i got changed into some shorts and cute top, i didn't want to dress up too much but i still wanted to make an effort. i picked up rori, rome carried the flowers and we made our way over. as rome knocked on the door my nerves multiplied by ten. the door was opened by a girl my age, she had the nicest curls, "oh my goodness, you're here! my parents told me all about you, please come in!" she said, "you must be rome, my parents are in the living room." she told my older sister, rome thanked her and went to find mike and anna, "aren't you just the cutest little girl!" she said stroking the side of rori's face, "you must be remi! i've been so excited to meet you! i'm kiara but everyone calls me kie" she says pulling me in for a hug, "i've been excited to meet you too. we literally just moved this morning so i have no friends and i don't know anyone." i admitted, my nerves immediately going away. "well we're friends now so don't worry" she tells me and feel at ease. i think i'm gonna like it here.