6- The Confrontation

Start from the beginning

Kabir- "Isse kaise pata hoga? Chillane se fursat mile toh na puchega ki usne khana khaya ya nahi."

Arjun rubbed his forehead. His so called friend wasn't making him feel any better about the situation.

Arjun- "Kabir please!"

Kabir scoofed and went out. Tanvi looked at Arjun and said,

"Mai isse glucose shot de Rahi hu. Thodi der me hosh aa jayega. Mai khana bhejwati hu. Make sure she eats."

Arjun nodded wordlessly and sat beside Arni. He took her small hand in his own and kissed it gently. He let his own tears fall. He was the one responsible for Arnika's condition.

Flashback
9 years back

Roshni was lying unconscious on the hospital bed while Arjun was sitting beside her with a new born baby girl in his hand.

Arjun in a baby voice- "Hey princess. Kya soch Rahi hai tu?"

The baby looked at him with her big brown eyes, so much identical to his own.

Arjun- "Aise kya dekh Rahi hai? I am your Papa and yeh dekh Teri mumma.She is taking rest." then he made a stern face, "Mumma ko bohot pareshan Kiya hai na tune?"

Arni's only response was blinking her imploring brown orbs.

Arjun biting his smile- "It ends here, young lady. Abhi aap mumma ko bilkul pareshan nahi karoge? Okay?" He talked on and on to her as if she was understanding everything he said.

A while later, Roshni opened her eyes and smiled when she saw Arjun sitting with their daughter. She tried to sit up.

Arjun noticed her and adjusted the lever of the bed. He handed his little princess to her. Roshni smiled and kissed her forehead.

Arjun- "Thank you, Roshni. This is the best gift you have given me."

Roshni looked at Arjun emotionally. Holding her own flesh and blood in her hands was such a blissful yet emotional experience.

Arjun gently kissed her forehead.

Arjun- "She's so perfect, Rosh. See uske haathon me 10 fingers hai and uske pairo me bhi 10 fingers hai. Each detail is perfect."

That brought a laugh out of Roshni.

Roshni- "Really? Toh tumne kya expect Kiya tha?"

Arjun- "I expected nothing less and my princess made me proud!"

Roshni shook her head. She could already see how spoilt the little girl would be!

Roshni- "Iska naam kya rakhe?"

Arjun- "She is such a sweet replica of you. I say, Roshni 2.0 rakh dete hai!"

Roshni hit her forehead and looked at the baby who was looking at them curiously.

Roshni- "Kya dekh Raha hai, mera baccha? Ki aapke papa kitne stupid hai? Unhone dekha hi nahi ki aapki eyes bilkul papa ki tarah hai."

Arjun jokingly-"Abhi ladki ka naam Arjun toh nahi rakh sakte na?"

Roshni glared playfully at him.

"Hmm..Arjun and Roshni ka kuch combination. Umm...Arni ! How's that?"

Arjun smiled at the name. Perfect for their daughter.

Arjun- "Arnika Rawte."

Roshni shook her head-
"Arnika Arjun Rawte"