Chapter Eighteen: Hard Choices

Start from the beginning

"Taylor, you look apprehensive. Please speak your mind" He said, the boy needed to air his concerns if he was afraid. Such things needed to be dealt with before a battle.

"It's just I know I've come a long way, but I'm just not sure about going into an actual battle" said Taylor, hoping that he wouldn't sound like a coward.

"I understand, and there was a time at the beginning of the war that I felt the same myself. I found the best way to handle it is to think about what you’re fighting for. What it is that drives you" said Tobias.

He considered this for a few moments as if he was doing a multitude of calculations to come to a conclusion. Eventually he nodded his head in agreement and said no more, merely understanding what he had to do.

"Do we have any idea of troop numbers yet, Tobias?" asked Mylar, who was now free of the bandage on his arm from Noran's attack.

"Currently no, but I've got scouts already dispatched to assess their forces. Providing Noran's army hasn't separated then they'll all be in one place, hopefully not Glyde Court" He said. Knowing such a thing would ruin any chance of an attack.

 "Assuming they do not number many, how do we plan to approach them?" asked Cecilia, who from what Taylor had seen rarely spoke unless completely necessary.

"Well Cecilia we have pictures of the structure, however until we know troop numbers and their placement we may have to come to a plan as we go along. It's a large structure and they could be anywhere within and to decide on strategy before we know more wouldn't be wise" He said.

 "Of course" She said, leaving the matter be.

"What I will say is that we will be attacking with two-hundred strong, we are going to show them that we are not done yet in this war. Noran has forgotten how dangerous we can be" said Tobias, determination hardened his words.

"Good, it's been too long since we had a good fight" said a voice from the door to the war room. Standing firmly wearing a white t-shirt and light blue jeans with bandages still plastering his right side, was Argus. His eyes were alight with anger and determination at the thought of battle. 

"You are in no condition to fight, Argus" said Cecilia knowing full well how bad a blow his pride had taken since Inchkieth.

"Do not presume to know my physical limits, Cecilia. I am fully able to go into battle, a few burns won't change that" He retorted, his anger flaring further.

"Calm yourself, Argus. I understand your eagerness, normally I would not allow this but I am going to have you go through an aggressive training session with Mylar. If you handle that, I'll allow you to fight" said Tobias, jumping into the conversation.

"Tobias, you cannot be serious. It could kill him!" screamed Cecilia, rising from her seat and locking eyes with her leader.

"Mylar is an adept teacher, and will stop should he think it has gone too far. Are you comfortable with at least that, Cecilia?" He asked.

"Not entirely, but I suppose it will have to do" said Cecilia, as she walked from the room but before leaving stopped in front of Argus.

 "Be careful, Argus. I almost lost you once and I won't let that happen again" She said in the lightest of whispers, then left without awaiting a response her feet hardly making a sound as they tread upon the carpet beneath her. 

Argus frowned for a moment but gathered himself to look at Mylar, his confidence unshaken by Cecilia's outburst.

"So are you ready?" asked Mylar rising from his own chair.