11 | #3

DECEMBER - LEAVESDEN

"and london is lonely without you, so can you stay?"

IN real life

✶✶✶

I woke up in the morning, not under the covers, but rather laying on top. The show wasn't on the screen and when I managed to scoot across the floor to my crutches, Brady was on the couch with a stack of laundry. 

"Yo whaddup." I said, trying to sound much cooler than I actually was. He burst out laughing because I sounded so pathetic. "You're the first guy I've ever met who does his laundry."

Instead of commenting on that, he through a sweatshirt in my direction. "Thank you kind sir."

"Wait nope." He snatched it from my hand as I had the other one slightly pulled over my head. I was in an uncomfortable position with my face halfway covered. 

He handed me a different one. This one was white and it had a number 3 on the front. On the back it said "Noon." I gave him a funny grin. 

"Soccer jersey, seriously?" He gave me a thumbs up and then headed to the kitchen and suddenly a banana landed next to me on the couch scaring the shit out of me. 

He came over and sat on the chair across from me. He pulled up his phone and started texting with someone and all of a sudden his phone was ringing. "Hi Connor." He said as he held the phone up to his face. I remember him saying his brother's name was Connor, but I had never met or seen him. 

"Hey Brady, uh my flight got delayed so I'm going to be there tomorrow at like 8pm." My eyes widened at the voice on the other end of the line. I waved my arms like a lunatic getting Brady's attention and mouthed the words "I get to meet Connor?" he reluctantly nodded. 

Connor mumbled something about Brady not focusing on what he had to say and then they bickered for a couple of minutes. "Do I get to finally meet the infamous Lizzie?" He said loud enough that I could hear. 

"Sorry your video's cutting out, mind if I call you?" Brady asked him, and before Connor could respond, he hung up and called him back putting the phone up to his ear this time. 

"Yeah.. yeah.. no.. ok.. sounds good.. I'll be there.. see you tomorrow." They ended the conversation quickly and then he threw his phone on the table. 

I was trying so hard not to mock him, but right as my mouth opened, Brady knew what I was going to say and just started going "ahh ah ah."

"Infamous?" I finally managed to squeak in. He continued his childish games. "So why do I know nothing about your brother, but he knows about me?"

"That's my identical twin brother Connor, he's like me but with a golf obsession, slightly longer hair, and an inverted face to mine. There." I rolled my eyes at his super quick description. 

"And what have you said about me?" He didn't answer my question, just started putting his laundry away in his closet.

He said something about me still living in my suitcase, but I ignored him, too focused on the fact he has an identical twin and he's coming here tomorrow. There clearly wasn't room in the flat, so I came up with a game plan on where I'd go for the holidays.

"I might go home for the holidays." I said wondering if he'd believe me if I said that. 

He didn't. He knew there was no way I was going back to New York because that meant I'd have to spend the holiday with my dad. 

He sighed, "Connor's going to kill me if you're not here when he comes, that's like half the reason he wanted to come." Almost reading my mind he said he'd make Connor get a hotel room. I told him there was no way in hell that was happening. 

"No, he's your brother. I can just sleep on the living room chair or get a hotel room, doesn't matter." He shook his head to the side. 

"Just take the couch. Connor and I can take my room for however long he's here." We stood in silence for a minute and then I grabbed my crutches to go in the kitchen. Right as I reached the sink I collapsed onto the floor though. My dumb leg wasn't holding up the extra heavy other one. 

Brady came rushing over and August yelled from the bathroom with a toothbrush in his mouth wondering if everything was alright. "Yep, all good!" The brunette boy in front of me yelled to keep him occupied. 

"I think I might just sit here for a while." I laughed. "You'll have to teach me how to skateboard properly after this big guy's off." I pointed to my cast, he said he would. Then we talked about all the other sports we played growing up. 

I could tell Brady really missed soccer and volleyball. He played it throughout high school, but without school, it kinda got lost in the sauce. 

Ironically, I used to be a gymnast. Clearly my tumbling skills didn't come in handy just a couple dozen hours ago. 

"Is he flying into Gatwick or Heathrow?" 

"Heathrow. You want to come with? You should text Astra and see if she wants to join us since she lives in the city." I texted her and she seemed up for it, so we made plans to leave the place around 10am so we could do some city exploring beforehand. Auggie agreed to come with, he said he'd only come if we could go past Big Ben even though he had already seen it this month. 

Tonight I actually fell asleep under the covers, because we had only watched a single episode of Gilmore Girls and even though I was in drastic pain, I went to bed with a smile on because I had friends in England now. I never had that back home. 

I hope they thought of me as their friend too, but I was happy and they were, so I could care less if there was a label. 

I FaceTimed Astra and for the whole night she made fun of the sweatshirt I was wearing. I flipped her off with my sprained wrist. 

We giggled until 4am. 

✶✶✶

a/n

If this is confusing to anyone, when you have a brace on your arm or cast it's harder to get it through some shirts so sliding a hoodie over sort of helped with not having to wear a short sleeve shirt all the time and be cold 🤗

I say this way too much, but vote, comment, share, anything :)

Vent if you want to!

Love always x