5 | fall in love

SEPTEMBER - LEAVESDEN, ENGLAND

"pauses, then says, you're my best friend, and you knew what it was, he is in love."

IN real life and text

✶✶✶

"And now, my pink little lover." The screen went to a picture of me I didn't even know was taken. It was me by the piano last week and then somehow there was a picture of me as a baby. 

There wasn't a single sign of pink on the screen, instead just cargo pants and tight long sleeve shirts. The name in the corner "Sasha" was italicized and lots of little bits of information were scattered around. 

My slide was by far the most cluttered and looked like it was put together at the last minute. "We actually had another girl that was going to play Sasha, but then you came in the room that day and I couldn't imagine anyone else. So.. if you ever happen to run into an angry blond girl, just tell her sorry for being so charismatic and stealing her part." I buried my head in my hands and couldn't help but laugh and also feel guilty for probably wrecking her life. 

"So are you meaning to tell me I'll be back in pink hell?" I said, unaware that my mind was projecting everything without a filter.

"You're just as cute as button, I always liked when people from the South said that. Yes, you will be Lizzie. Hope you're ok with that."

I didn't even know what to say. It had come, that moment where things didn't hit rock bottom, and this was a pretty high high. She interrupted my thoughts though, talking to the rest of the room, "So she comes in, timid as all get outs and then she starts singing a Christmas song she wrote and I think I cried myself to sleep that night." Greta was bawling laughing by this point, "It was so sad, poor Cindy Lou Who wasn't loved by that idiot boy." She kept going on and on and then looked in my direction, "So back to the slides!"

She explained some locations we'd apparently be filming at and I could feel Astra under the table tapping my knee over and over again. She had barely said anything all night, but I could tell I was in for an earful later. 

"SO now to my favorite part. Barbie and Sasha are practically opposites. Barbie wants love at the beginning, but learns she actually would prefer life past her dream house. Sasha on the other hand, Lizzie, hates the idea of succumbing to such foolish things as love, but Brady, sorry, Alex changes her mind about that." She takes a large breath after her long rant and turns to all of us staring at her. 

"What about me? Do I get love?" August asked standing up. 

"No." 

We all burst out laughing and I accidentally banged my head on the table again. "Shit." I mumbled, still trying to contain myself. Then I think they ended up laughing at me. 

"You have the most adorable laugh I've ever heard." Lottie Walker told me and I turned a deep shade of scarlet red. I thanked her, and we continued to giggle. 

She went through a couple more slides and then got bored and drank her wine while demanding all our phone numbers to be added to a group chat. She made Astra give hers as well because she enjoyed her company as well, which I was ecstatic about, and then dismissed us at around 2am. I was so tired. 

"Hey Lizzie?" The director asked before everyone left the room, "Any chance you'd be willing to write a song for the movie?" I practically freaked out her statement. I nodded really really fast, "I'll take that as a yes, see you soon." And then we all disbanded and left. I ran super fast out of the warehouse with Astra and we skipped along as she put one of her airpods in my ear. 

We probably looked like lunatics, but I didn't care.

"YOU GET A PART IN BARBIE AND GET TO FALL IN LOVE WITH BRADY FRICKIN NOON?" She yelled at me after we were a far enough distance from everybody. 

"Uhh I guess." I mumbled, unsure of how she knew Brady Noon.

She brought up her TikTok and showed me a ridiculous amount of thirst traps that actually worked on me. God, no, we're not doing this. 

She could see the slight flush to my face and tapped my nose over and over while putting her manifestations into the universe. "It would be so hot if you two just happened to fall in love while you're on set."

Nope. That can't happen. I looked down at my phone and she texted me.

✶✶✶

astra 🪐

astra 🪐
denial is a river in egypt, he's hot, say it

lizzie boo 🧸
he's hot, you happy?

astra 🪐
who's hot? i'm sorta confused..

lizzie boo 🧸
i'm not saying it.

astra 🪐
SAY IT LIZZIE, YOU KNOW YOU WANNA 

lizzie boo 🧸
i really don't.

astra 🪐
pleaseeeeeee i'll shut up after 🤓 

lizzie boo 🧸
fine that brady kid is hot

astra 🪐
damn right
ya'll should talk
hot person meet hot person
***-****-**** is his number, greta gave you it
she's probably playing cupid
it's fate

lizzie boo 🧸
blocking you 🤗

astra 🪐
so what are you thinking for the song?
something sob worthy
i'm still not over cindy lou who 😭😭😭

lizzie boo 🧸
something mildly depressing with uplifting notes
maybe about barbie not wanting to party IDK

astra 🪐
why are we texting?
ur right next to me

lizzie boo 🧸
YOU STARTED THE CONVERSATION

astra 🪐
aggressive much?

lizzie boo 🧸
😡😡😡😡😡

✶✶✶

She looked up at me with a smile, but I sighed aggravated. She knew how to work me up every time and then the minute I'd see her grin, I'd come back down to planet Astra. 

"You're not off the hook about the whole Brady thing."

"You're not either. When you're in love you will be though."

"I hate you."

"I love you too."

And then I laid my head on her shoulder, waiting for the train to stop at the station closest to her place. 

✶✶✶

a/n

Hi friends. Hope you liked it!

The text messages I'm living for.