4 | noon at night

SEPTEMBER - KNIGHTSBRIDGE, LONDON

"slow down you crazy child, you're so ambitious for a juvenile"

IN real life

✶✶✶

For the next day and a half, all I could think about was how her mood changed immediately after I played her the song. She seemed lighter, more open to the person I am. I tried not to feel good about it, even though the excitement of doing something right was oozing out of my veins. 

She handed me a piece of paper after the audition with an address and information to note so we could meet just over a day later.

For all I knew, she could have been inviting me to Leavesden, England so she could politely let me down easy and say this was going nowhere, but it seemed like an awfully big gesture just to deny me. 

Per her incredibly vague instructions, I was to meet her at a warehouse near the Warner Bros Studio Harry Potter exhibit in Leavesden at midnight and I was welcome to bring someone if I didn't want to be out alone at night. 

I appreciated that note, it didn't seem like she was trying to lure me to a trafficking place or kill me. 

When we got there, one of her assistants asked us to sign an NDA and then led us through the pitch black warehouse and gave us flashlights so we could see.

Suddenly the lights were flicked on and I was blinded with the color pink. "Lizzie!" Greta shouted, sending me stumbling backwards after the jump scare. "Sorry about that, didn't mean to frighten you. Thanks for coming." She said casually as if this wasn't the most curious I have ever been. 

There were full blown house FILLED with the color pink. The streets were pink, fire hydrants were pink, practically everything was besides the sky.

"Isn't it amazing?" She asked me with her head tilted. I nodded and gave her a thumbs up, trying to seem as genuine as possible. 

"Liar." She accused me in a joking tone and laughed until I joined her. 

She started to walk in the direction of the pink town and made us follow. I didn't know whether I want to throw up, scream, hug Astra, or all of the above. The scale of this was incredible, the purpose was unknown though, and that slightly frightened me. 

We turned a corner into a room that wasn't pink, thank god, and immediately I was met with a couple of faces. Oh my god. There was Lottie Walker and Jax Huang. There were also two teenagers, one slightly younger than the other sitting in the corner on their phones. They looked up when Astriella and I came into the room. 

I gave a slight wave, unsure of what to say and the Lottie Walker actually waved back. She also got up to hug me, and I had no clue how to react as her arms were wrapped around me. 

Greta got into introducing, starting with Lottie and Jax, and then moving in the direction of the blond and brunette boy. One looked familiar, I didn't know from what, but it was on the tip of my tongue. 

"This is August Anderson," she said and it hit me. Percy Jackson. Bloody Percy Jackson was in front of me, I couldn't help but be starstruck."