Fantasy Results 👀

Host and Judge: ALTaccounti

Well after 30 years I finally managed to finish the Fantasy Judging and Boyo did it take a well it was mostly pleasant, but there were also moment I wanted to buy bleach at a local Wal-Mart!!

But let's not drag it out any longer!!

And the Winner is:

.
.
.
.
.
.

Nightingale257 with “On Sapphire Wings and Jade Scales”

Total 46/50 points

CONGRATS HOMIE YOU DESERVED IT!!!

Now let's get into the full review:

Cover (3 points) 

It's simple but serviceable but the content is oh boiiiii!!!!

Plot (9 points)

Well you see this story has more of a slice of slice type of feel rather than an action packed fantasy at least for the 3 chapters. They give you bits and pieces of worldbuilding and lore while the overarching plot slowly creeps up on you. Because to sum it upnits basically 2 kids meeting and man in a forest and having a bit of fun while trying to get to know him a key plotpoint being a special gem being stolen by him by some thieves and after a  week the dude healed up and had to depart.

Characters (10 points)

I straight up love the characters the mc’s are Tomas and Eila If I remember correctly they were twins?? Tomas is the more cautious one but when he’s cool with ya he opens up while Eila is a cheery, positive and carefree girl. And then we have Mr. Green who is mysterious, self -sufficient and strangely nice too.

What I like about this book is that I can figure this out through the dialogue alone. And there are small little extra details being described. This story is more character focused and it shows.

Is it fun to Read? (19 points)

Yes I love this story to death. It's set in a modern world with fantasy elements and interesting creatures. The descriptions are very well explained without overstaying its welcome so basically anyone can understand what’s going on, not feel overwhelmed and I like that. Not once did I feel bored even though in retrospect not much was happening because of the slice of life element of the story haha.  

I am considering reading this further on my own!!

Grammar and Spelling (5 points)

Seems alright to me so yeah lmao.

Total: 46/50

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now for our 2nd place we have:

High_Priestess_Elena with “The Five Cursed Witches: Volume 1 - Zoe The Witch Of Innocence” 

Total: 45.5/50 points

Full review:

Cover (2.5 Points)

Cover is kinda mid ngl maybe step up ya game with that one, a free or paid commission for a cover wouldn’t be a bad idea either. 😂😂

Plot (9 points)

Well it's fairly simple the FMC Zoe is a witch that was born with a curse that can kill every living thing she touches and some douchebags use her to send her on a mission to commit mass murder lmao. Good stuff. Its different from the usual fantasy plots I come across. I like it.