Gone ‐ Cortnee Vine x Reader Part 2

Start from the beginning

You clenched your jaw, reluctantly backing down and returning your gaze to Kim. "I'll tell you if I need to come off. Can I go now?"

"Yeah. Go ahead."

As soon as you were out the door, Kim sighed. "She's not gonna tell me shit."

"No, she won't," Steph agreed. "We'll just have to keep an eye on her. I'll let Lia and Stina know."

----------------------

Cortnee's eyes flicked to the left, pursing her lips as you slipped into the line of Gunners next to her.

It was as if you knew she was watching you, automatically diverting your gaze to look anywhere but at her.

She decided to just try talking to you. "Y/N—"

"Not now, Viney," Kyra whispered, reaching over to pat the winger on the shoulder. "Later."

Cortnee turned away, deciding to just sulk in silence. The two of you hadn't spoken since the incident, and it was killing her inside. She missed you. A lot.

--------------------

"Ow, fuck," you groaned, stretching out your leg as the whistle blew. "Fuck, that hurt."

Mackenzie Hawkesby extended her hand, offering you an apologetic smile as she pulled you to your feet. "Sorry, mate."

"S'alright," you answered gruffly. "Let's get back to it."

"Y/N—" Cortnee stopped short as you swiftly turned around. "Y/N, can we talk after this?"

You shook your head, jogging into position as Katie prepared to take the free kick. You didn't need any distractions.

------------------

"WHY YE' TAKIN' THE PISS?!" Katie's booming shout was the first thing you heard after going down for the tenth time in fifteen minutes. "WHAT ARE YE' TRYIN' TO DO? KILL HER?"

Charlotte Mclean only shook her head, backing up slightly. "It was an accident."

"Katie," Kim's stern voice filled your ears next. "Leave it be. We don't need ye' gettin' a yellow."

You rolled over, clutching your ankle with a whimper as blood flowed quickly and freely down the side of your face.

"Y/N," Steph pressed a hand to the wound on your head, other hand resting on your back as you went limp from exhaustion (and maybe blood loss). "Y/N, don't move. The medics are coming."

"You'll get yer' arse over here if ye' know what's good for ye'," Katie growled, pulling against Lia and Kim. "Thinkin' ye' can just hurt Y/N like that? Think again."

Your eyes subconsciously drifted over to where she stood, taking in the way Cortnee was frozen in fear as she stared at the big screen.

It was replaying the moment in which Charlotte had timed her tackle wrong, hitting you square in the ankle and causing you to fly forwards and into the goalpost.

It spurred Cortnee into action, the winger darting over and shoving her own girlfriend out of anger. "What the hell, Charlotte?! Look at what you did! Look at Y/N! You fucking hurt her!"

Charlotte looked aghast. "It was an accident! And why the hell are you taking her side? I'm your girlfriend! Not her!"

"I wish she was!" Cortnee snapped before slapping a hand over her mouth.

You suddenly sat up, injuries forgotten as blood dripped down the side of your face. "Really?"

"LAY BACK DOWN!" Kim and Steph yelled, both pairs of hands shoving you onto your back.