I've Got You - Jessie Fleming x Reader

HERE ELLIE ARE YOU HAPPY NOW?
Some ppl these days istg 🙄
---------------

"Babe, it's not funny," Jessie chided, pulling you out of bed by the wrist, much to your discomfort. "We have to get to breakfast, come on."

You'd acted sick once on April Fool's Day, completely tricking Jessie and your teammates into thinking you had a high fever. Now, you were actually sick, but of course, she didn't believe you. You were so good at pretending to be ill that your girlfriend had no way of checking if you were actually ill or not.

"I'll be— I'll be right there," you crawled onto the floor, slowly making your way to the hotel bathroom. "I'll— A-CHOO!"

Yep. Definitely sick.

------------------

"Jeff, where's your girlfriend?" Janine asked. The two of you usually arrived together, but today, you were nowhere to be found. "Is she okay?"

"She's fine," Jessie waved off her friend's concerns. "She's trying to do the whole 'oh no I'm feverishly sick fall for my stupid schemes' April Fool's thing again."

"O-kay," the Cityzen sounded unconvinced, but nodded anyway. "If you say so."

"I made— I ma—uh... I'm he— aUGh—" you stumbled, clipping your shoulder on the door frame and falling backwards. "I... hai."

"Y/N, stop fooling around," Sinc scolded as you struggled to your feet. "Sit down. We all know this trick."

(Shut up Sinc totally didn't retire)

You shuffled over to the buffet with your head down. You didn't have the energy to argue.

-------------------

"Y/N! Pay attention!" Bev yelled from the sidelines. The medicine you'd taken in the morning had already worn off, and all the running you were doing was starting to take its toll.

You ignored it, however, instead opting to sprint after Ashley who dribbled the ball at her feet. Everything was fine until your vision suddenly became blurry, lights ten times brighter than they were a second ago.

You simply laid there for a minute, completely out of it. Those close to you thought you were just messing around, so they didn't make any moves to tell those unaware of your grounded form that you weren't up and moving.

"Hey, Bev?" One of Canada's medics asked.

"Hm? Yeah?" the manager responded distractedly, directing her gaze to the man for only a second. "What is it?"

"Can you stop the girls a sec? Y/N doesn't look good. She's paler than usual."

"She's just trying to be funny," Bev shook her head. "She's fine. She did this exact thing two years ago."

"Her breathing is too shaky for my liking," he persisted. "I can see it from here."

The manager weighed her options for a second.

"Fine, fine," Bev agreed begrudgingly. "Girls!"

As play stopped, the medic jogged onto the pitch, kneeling down and placing a hand on your forehead that was swiftly retracted. "She's burning up. And she's out."

Jessie sighed. "She's not sick. She can fall asleep anywhere, any time. You know that."

The medic shook his head. "Her breathing is uneven."

"She's—"

"—her pupils are dilated," he interrupted. "You can't fake that. She has a fever. Probably a high one. She's shivering and her lips are blue, but her forehead feels hot enough to cook an egg on."

"Fuck," Jessie crouched, all traces of annoyance vanishing as worry overtook her features. "I—"

Bev frowned from behind the medic. "Jessie, take her back to the hotel. And tell her I'm sorry."

The Midfielder swallowed. "Y-yeah. Okay."

-----------------

"Babe?" Jessie questioned softly, medicine cup in hand. "Baby? Can you sit up for me?"

You merely groaned in response, unwilling to move due to the pounding in your skull.

"Come on, babe. You have to take medicine," she prompted, gently caressing your forearm. "Please? For me?"

You hissed in pain as she guided you to lean against the headboard. "Fuck."

"Good," she pressed a soft kiss to your forehead to avoid aggravating your headache. "Come on, lay your head on my lap."

Her fingers tenderly carded through your hair as you closed your eyes.

"I'm sorry, baby," she murmured, placing a hand on your cheek. "I should have realized you were being serious."

"It's okay," you yawned. "I deserved it."

"Yes, you did, but I'm your girlfriend," Jessie said. "I'm supposed to be able to tell when you're actually in pain."

"It's fine, babe," you mumbled. "Though I do expect cuddles when I finally rid myself of this stupid ass flu."

The Midfielder cracked a smile. "I think that can be arranged."

-------------------

Hope you enjoyed, thanks for reading!