Chapter 12- I bet Usain Bolt would've wanted an autograph.

Chapter 12- I bet Usain Bolt would've wanted your autograph

The shrill ringing of the telephone made me jump as soon as I stepped into the house.

A sigh escaped my lips as soon as I realised that his mother was not home. At least, I had the time to recollect myself and prepare for the worst.

Peyton dropped dead on the couch. Her blond hair were sprawled on the arm of the couch and she cuddled with her doll, her eyes closed instantly.

Brandon's eyes widened and the colour drained away from his face as he heard someone talking on the opposite line. He looked like he had seen a ghost, pointing a gun over my head. He nooded his head occasionally muttering words like, "ok", "yes."

"I'll call you back after 2 minutes," he said and hung up on the person.

"Uh...what's wrong? " I questioned him. He rubbed his palm on his face and sighed loudly. The pained look on his face was not helping the situation at all.

"My mother...," his voice cracked as he said the last word. He cleared his throat and tried again."My mother is admitted in a hospital. She got in an accident. "

My jaw dropped. This was completely unexpected. What am I supposed to say "Brandon I'm so sorry?" these words will make him anything but better.

"It's nothing life-threatening," he continued after a mimute. "But I'm worried sick about her. My aunt will come here. She'll take care of Peyton, then I can drive you home and go to the hospital."

I didn't want to go home. Although the accident is not major, he's pretty much shaken about it. I cannot leave him alone.

"We'll wait for your aunt. After she arrives, I'm comimg with you to the hospital," I said firmly, that was the only thing which I could do for him.

"You're out since the morning and what about your mom, she"ll..."

"I'll ask my mother. I don't think that she'll refuse," I said and removed my phone from my jean pocket.

I asked whether I could stay or not after explaining her everything and she agreed, but not for more than two hours. She also talked with Brandon and asked him to drop me home safely and not late than the cuurfew.

After about ten minutes, his aunt arrived with a grime expression on face. She looked pretty young in her full-sleeved peach coloured T-shirt and fadded blue jeans. Her brown hair cascaded down her back and stopped at her waist. Her features were very sharp and attractive.

Brandon went to her side and gave her a quick hug. After that, he introduced me to her.

"She's Sophia," he said and nudged my arm. She offered me a grin and came forward to hug me and I hugged her back

"Call me Monica," she said sweetly.

"And Sophia, she's my favourite, aunt Monica."

After a few moments, we rushed outside the house, towards his motorcycle.

This time, he had grabbed an extra helmet from the house, so we had two helmets. He swung his leg over the motorcycle and I did the same.

As soon as I confirmed that I had strapped my helmet safely on my head and was sitting comfortably, we sped down the almost empty roads. I was aware that we were going faster than the speed limit, but I don't think that I should remind him right now.

According to Brandon, his aunt told him that his mother had finished her office early today, so she went to get a groceries from the supermarket. The nearest supermarket was hardly two minutes from her work place and she had to purchase only few items, so she didn't bother to take her car and thought of walking. She had plugged in her earphones and was trying to cross the road. The driver of the opposite side was talking on his phone. He got distracted only for a fraction of second, but in such space of time, he could not honk and the woman was so engrossed in her music that she did not see the car. As a result, she got hit by it.