Chapter 12 - Making things right

After finally being discharged and let go, Leo, Raph and Donnie head back to fugitoid's place to figure things out, Milo just went home, completely distraught, just wanting to collapse into bed and crumble down, but before he could, he got a message from his boss saying that because of the damage to the property of the store they'll be shutting down temporarily until renovations can be done, but he advises his workers to get a temporary job since he can barely assure them that they'll have their paycheck for this month, which struck Mikey even harder, realizing that the perfect life he had built was now slowly falling apart, his neighbor had came over to check on him after he was back and the two were able to chat to get Mikey out of the blues.

Meanwhile, his brothers were let off the hook, Fugitoid payed for the reparations fees on the store to avoid further problems, he took the three back to the loft they were staying for the time being.

Donnie - "Perfect! Just fantastic! Now Mikey's DEFINITELY NOT coming."

Leo - "Well, Raph's attitude sure didn't help."

Raph - "WHAT IS THAT SUPPOSE TO MEAN?"

Donnie - "Is it really that hard for you to not be so rude all the time?! Specially in a situation like this!"

Raph - "I WAS NERVOUS, ALRIGHT?!"

Leo - "I get that, so are we, but there were better ways to deal with that instead of throwing insults and snark remarks at him everytime he spoke!"

Raph - "Fine, fine, my bad!"

Donnie - "Ok, but what do we do now? If Mikey's already moved on and got himself a new life, can we really bring him back to Earth?"

Leo - "What do you mean?"

Donnie - "He's been in space for a really long time, everything in different here, from the customs to the literal air and gravity levels, he must have taken at least a while to adapt to it all, and he refuses to even go with us, how are we supposed to take him home?"

Raph - "Can't we just drag him?"

Leo - "That's just gonna make things worse."

Donnie - "Yeah, and he seems to at least have some friends, they would notice if he just dissapeared."

Raph - "Ah... right."

Leo - "Maybe we should just go with the officer's advice and try to talk to him in private, I mean, we know where he lives so..."

Donnie - "We have to ask if it's ok with him first, otherwise he could move away again."

Leo - "True."

Raph - "How do we contact him? If it's really been 3 years do you think he would have kept his T-phone to this day?"

Donnie - "I mean... I think we could try."

Leo - "What if it doesn't work?"

Donnie - "I don't know, but that's all we got for now, it doesn't hurt to try."

Donnie then just pulls out his T-phone and starts typing on it, he hesitates a bit before pressing "call", but soon enough, it starts to dial.

Mikey was telling his neighbor about his brothers, or at least what he knew and thought of them, and his neighbor agreed wholeheartedly that they were at the very least scummy people, but just as the two started sharing some bad experiences with siblings, Mikey's T-phone, that he had kept on a stand holder over a drawer in his living room, started ringing, playing that ages old jingle of Mikey's favorite pizza place, the cracked screen showed the name "Donatello" and Mikey kind of froze at the sight, he was embarrassed about his ringtone, shocked that the phone still worked, scared that his brother was actually contacting him and he was fairly confused as he processed what to do, but he relunctantly excused himself out of the conversation and picked up the phone.

Milo - "Uh.... Donatello?"

Donnie - "Oh hey! Mikey, is that you?"

Leo - "No way..."

Raph - "He actually picked up?!"

Milo - "Yeah...?"

Donnie - "Wow... can't believe you still have your T-phone."

Milo - "I can't believe you never thought of calling until now." Mikey let it slip

Donnie - "..."

Milo - "Sorry... anyway... what do you... want?"

Donnie - "Ah, well... me and the others just wanted to know if we can... you know... come over? Talk things out better?"

Milo - "You... come... to talk... here?"

Donnie - "Uh... yeah? Are you ok? You sound kinda..."

Milo - "Oh, yeah, yeah! Uh... sure... I guess, can it be tomorrow?"

Donnie - "Sure, sounds great, at... what time should we?"

Milo - "Uh... anytime I guess, I just need to tidy things up a little, just don't come before 10 am, ok?"

Donnie - "Sure thing, uh... see you then?"

Milo - "Ok, bye!"

*CLICK*

Donnie - "...?"

Leo - "Well... sounds like it went well."

Raph - "I cannot believe this worked."

_._

Neighbor - "..."

Milo - "..."

Neighbor - "Are you..."

Milo - "I PANICKED,OK??"