Chapter One

12 Years Later ~
Miyako's POV

How long has it been since that accident? Hm... Oh. It was exactly twelve years ago since then, from running away and losing my family. It was still a blur and a mystery to me about what happened, but I ignore it and try to forget about my past. You need to sometimes move on in life and just let go... right? I gave out a loud sigh as I walked out of the train and head towards my work, while munching on my toast and gripping onto my purse that was hanging on my right shoulder.

Let's start with the introductions, shall we? Not like it's something I would do but...my name is Miyako Akagi, I'm just a 'normal' and your average sixteen year old girl, who graduated early from school and currently working with a job already.

Yes I know, I'm that smart and let's just say I have these skills of fighting that I've never really bothered with. But this was only my second job.

My first job is back at home in Ward 20. Yes it is Anteiku, the cafe where most Ghouls hang out and where most of my friends and Grandfather, Yoshimura-san is. But, right now is my last day working here, before I head back home today for a vacation.

My Grandfather, well let's just say that I'm his adopted Grandchild from when he rescued me years ago. I've told him about me being a half ghoul and how my powers are sealed, but we both knew that we wanted to keep it a secret. Two others know about my past and secret as well, who are my best friends, Touka-chan and Uta-kun.

Those are the only three people that I can open up to the most. Others... I am self conscious with them. Closing my eyes as I walked in casually within the headquarters of the CCG building, I heard a noise in front of me and I instinctively brought up my hand to rub my nose at the contact.

"Oh? Well if it isn't Miyako-chan~" a husky voice said.

"Good morning to you, Miyako-chan. Are you alright?" another voice peered as I glanced up at the two figures to see the devil, a First-Class Ghoul Investigator, Kureo Mado and his partner mentor, Koutarou Amon who looked at me with worry.

"Goodmorning, Mado-san. Amon-san, and I'm fine." I simply stated, before bringing my hand down to my side before giving them a bow. Sometimes... Mado-san creeps me out. Even though I've been working here for a while, it still gives me the shivers.

"I'm glad." Amon sighed before patting my head and I slapped away his hand.

"Moody?" he arched an eyebrow and I rubbed my temples.

"Nope. Excited to be done at work though."

"I see... well Mado-san and I are out on a mission to hunt down all of the ghouls in a ward soon."

"I see. Goodluck with that." I said blankly and Amon gave a look that said 'What's up with that behaviour?' and I chuckled at his face.

"Miyako-chan." creepy Mado said and I glanced in his direction.

"What is it, Mado-san?"

"You're going to be late for work. Time's ticking." he gave a sly grin.

"R-Right. I'll be going then." I bowed politely before turning on my heels.

"M-Miyako-chan!" a voice called out to me but was hushed by Mado. I knew that it was Amon who was calling out for me.

"Amon-kun... Leave her be. She doesn't seem to be very open with us." I heard Mado chuckled before walking out the doors.

"Y-Yeah..." Amon gulped before running behind his mentor.

"Damn you Mado-san..." I whispered before going into the elevator with a few of my colleagues.