【Four】

Start from the beginning

I shook my head," not his mind, his memories. I always ask people for permission first because I never know what I'm going to see." I looked back at him with a playful smirk, "But while we're at it, I'd like to know yours too if you'd tell me?" I held my hand out which he looked at and tensed.

"Or I could just tell you."

I shrugged," that too. But don't tell me unless you want me to actually know. It really won't hurt my feelings if you don't want too—I promise. I just feel bad calling you mando all the time." I retracted my hand and smiled sheepishly.

He looked back out the window, in thought. A moment passed where I was sure he actually wasn't comfortable telling me.

"It's okay—like I said, you don't have to-" he cut me off.

"Din." He muttered.

"What?"

"Din Djarin." He said a little slower looking back at me.

I smiled at him when he looked back at me, "Din." His name came off my lips easily and I liked the sound of it, "Well don't worry, Din, your secret's safe with me."

He shrugged,"It's not really a secret."

I shrugged too, "well it's still safe with me. You're a mandolorian: tough, mysterious, all business, and I imagine you have a reputation to maintain."

He hummed and playfully responded,"sometimes, a reputation is all a man has, princess".

Not knowing how to respond to that, we fell into a calm quiet just watching the world fall away before us.

I randomly let out a giggle. Grabbing his attention. I took it as a silent question, "I just remembered something. Don't tell my dad, but this one time I ate these really hard shrooms and-"

I didn't even get to finished and Din let out a cackle," What? I didn't even get to the good part." My smile growing wider. I just made the mando with a tough guy reputation cackle.

"Sorry," he chuckled some more, "Just the thought of you doing that made me laugh. Go on."

"Anyway," I drew out trying to repress my own laughter, "I took these mushrooms and these lights of hyperspace kind of reminded me of that, minus the high. Oh! And there was a krill that was talking to me about politics? He genuinely would have made a great king."

At my words Din chuckled some more. As did I. I giggled a little harder when the child joined in on the laughing. Soon we came down from our slap happy laughter and fell silent again.

"You're probably the goofiest princess I've met."

"Do you meet many princesses?" I quirked a brow at him.

He scoffed, "Certainly not one that—" he was cut off by a loud beeping on the control panel and a flashing light appear on his navigation display. Din rushed to exit hyperspace and I felt the ship be hit with something.

"What the hell is that?!" I put the chair and Grogu in a death grip.

"We're being targeted." Was all he said.

A male's voice came over the comms," Hand over the child mando and I might let you live." Another hunter after the baby. Din had said they'll never stop coming after him.